Chapter 32

Violet

"I can't stand." I whine, feeling pain surge through my leg. The past week I've been on bed rest and haven't been able to do anything. Finally, Dr. Jens gave me the green light to take a bath.

"Don't do that." Aless rushes over to me and helps me stand. "I don't want you hurting yourself, let me help you." He gently grabs hold of my arms and walks me to the bathroom.

He places me on the counter and prepares the bath for me. "Which bath salts?" He asks, holding up all the scents.

I take a quick whiff of all of them and pick the one that makes me less nauseous.

He turns off the water and walks back over to me, "let me help you take off your clothes, amore."

I lift my arms for him, forgetting that I wasn't wearing anything under my shirt. A gasp leaves my lip as my arms immediately cover my bare breast.

"Sorry." He pulls his arms away from my body, "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, I'm sorry."

I immediately feel guilty, "No." I shake my head. "You- I just, I don't-" My hands tighten around my chest as I struggle to find the words.

Aless hasn't seen any part of my intimate body parts since before the kidnapping. How am I supposed to tell him I don't feel the same about it?

"Baby," he murmurs cupping my face, "Tell me? Please."

"You don't make me uncomfortable. I just," I sigh, "I don't like it." I mumble looking at my body.

"Violet, look at me." His voice comes out stern, "Every inch of you is beautiful." His thumbs gently caress my cheeks, "whatever they said to you, forget it."

I frown, "I can't forget it." His words ring in my head day and night. Replaying, over and over again. I love my pregnancy body, but as soon as he said something about it I knew it'll be hard to forget.

Aless gently pries my arms away from my body. "You are beautiful." His lips skin my left breast, "you are so so beautiful." He murmurs against my right breast.

He cups my face, "So so gorgeous." He plants a kiss to both of my cheeks and my forehead before pulling away. "I'll leave the bathroom so you can bathe alone ok?"

I feel panic grip at my chest, "what? No. You can't leave me alone. Stay with me." Recently I found out I can't be alone in smaller rooms by myself.

"Nothing will happen to you." He assures me, "but if you want I'll stay here with you."

I nod letting him help me off the counter. "Can I help you out of your shorts?"

"Yea." I grip his shoulders as his fingers curl around the hem and drag them down. Aless grabs hold of my waist and helps me into the tub.

"We're are my bubbles?" I frown at the clear water. He grabs the vanilla scented bubble soap and pours it into the water.

"I didn't forget, I swear." He wears an amused smile as he takes the seat back at the toilet. I watch him as his eyes flicker to every wall and every light, directly avoiding looking at me.

"You can look at me." His eyes flicker back over to me, "are you sure? I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

I feel my eyes soften, "Aless you don't make me uncomfortable."

He leans back and crosses his arms. His eyes roam every inch of my face along with every inch of my visible chest.

"Did you see that!" I gasp looking at the tiny wave in the water. "The baby kicked so hard." I laugh.