Exams

Exams were brutal. Night after night, Nagisa sat up with his best friend, cousin, boyfriend, roommate, and anyone else who joined them to study for the next day's exam. They had two per day for the reminder of the week.

"What's tonight?" Collin asked, yawning as he settled himself on Nagisa's bed.

"Supernatural phenomenon and Botany." Akara offered.

"Ugh. Can't wait for combat training!" Coldar hissed. He rolled his shoulders as the others heard his joints pop.

"Yeah, are you going to be healed enough?" Nagisa looked at Ryu.

The dragon shifter blushed. He had found it nice that the little vampire had taken it upon himself to take care of him. Coldar snorted. Akara giggled. Collin covered his mouth as if he were going to cough.

"Faker!" He coughed into his hand. Nagisa smirked.

"You are healed." He swatted the dragon's arm with the towel he used to pull the metal tray out of the small portable oven he had set up on his desk. The tray housed snacks he was making for everyone.

"I liked you taking care of me." Ryu smiled, catching the towel to reel the boy in.

"No kissing!" Akara yelled, launching herself across the room to block Nagisa from getting taken in.

"I don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend here!" She huffed.

"Not my fault!" Nagisa pouted.

"What's Cami's preference?" Akara winked.

"What? I don't know!." Nagisa said.

"Really?" Leon stepped through the open door, Fenn was right behind him.

"You guys have your own years study group!" Nagisa cried.

"They don't have as good of snacks!" Leon hissed as he snatched up a hot treat.

There was a quiet, sounding snore. Everyone froze, glancing around. Collin sat with his head on Coldar's shoulder. The vampire was out cold. Coldar shook his shoulder, Collin didn't even stir.

Nagisa picked up a treat. He waved it under the vampire's nose. No response. Akara looked to Nagisa, Ryu glanced at Leon. Fenn smirked. Nagisa held up a finger. They all nodded. Another finger went up, more smiles. As the third finger pointed into the air, everyone began to yell. Ryu pounded on the wall, Fenn barked as Leon whistled. Nagisa and Coldar shook Collin forcefully. The vampire woke screeching. The other's burst into laughter.

"Not funny!" Collin yelled. It was cut off as he yawned again.

Nagisa followed, then Ryu and Coldar soon, everyone was yawning. They piled onto the vampire, yelling at him for making them all tired. There was a creak. Coldar froze. His eyes found Nagisa's. The red and black eyes widened as the sound of wood in distress grew. Coldar opened his mouth, but he wasn't in time to cry out a warning.

With all the weight stacked on the bed, a beam snapped. They tumbled to the floor, rolling over each other. Nagisa found himself protected by strong arms. He glanced around at everyone. All the guys seemed to be OK. Then he saw the strands of red hair poking out from under the bed frame.

"AKARA!" He screamed his friends name.

Coldar launched himself forward. Leon leapt up as they each took a side of the now broken bed. They lifted it up off from the human girl. Collin gently reached under supporting her shoulders and head as he dragged her limp body out. Akara didn't make a sound.

"Is she breathing?" Fenn asked.

Collin looked worriedly up to Nagisa. The small teen crawled over to the body. He took her hand in his, pressing his fingers against the pulse point in her wrist. It was strong. A small trickle of blood escaped her red hair, creating a zig zag line down her cheek.