Survivor

Nagisa took half a step toward the rogue. It raised it’s hands. They became clawed, talons extending. He saw the fangs drop into place. He knew all too well that this person had learned to trust their new speed, new power above any real skill. As he stood there allowing the electricity to run across his body, the days, weeks, months, even years that Mori spent teaching him to fight raced through his head.

Vampires were a unique creation. You could be bitten and become as strong as a full vampire if you worked at it. That also meant if you didn’t get killed as a rouge. All bitten vampires were seen as rogues since the only way they could feed was on living human blood. There have been a few, one coven was left alone up in Washington since they deemed themselves “vegetarian”. The process for them not to be rouges is to not feed or kill humans. They had to prove this to the goveners.

Nagisa could almost smell the human blood wafting from this vampire. He had fed, and recently, too. Possibly, in the chaos of the attack, killing one human to drain them of their blood wouldn’t seem strange. He could just claim it was the other vampires. How he managed to hide his vampoeric side while living with humans was interesting. Born vampires could walk in the sun, they could stand the smell, even eat, garlic.

The myth about churches... well born vampires had their own religion. Church, faith, the symbols of one’s faith, did nothing to a born vampire. You had to believe in the power of that object, born vampires just weren’t influenced to do so. Born vampires didn’t even need much blood. A glass a day was sufficient. For halflings like Nagisa, a glass every other week worked.

They had feeders or humans who came to donate their blood for the family of a born vampire clan. Many had long-standing traditions that passed from generation to generation. The S.H.I.F.T. school had a lot of humans that came on a rotating basis for the vampires. This left the bitten or rouge vampires.

These were the ones that myths were made about. Normal humans had no idea that real vampires walked among them. But, bitten vampires, they drank the blood of humans, often unable to control how much, which resulted in the human's death. They couldn’t walk in sunlight any longer. The venom of the bite changed their blood so it could no longer live in sunlight. The garlic thing, Nagisa, was almost certain that was just some vampire, not liking the smell of it! He chuckled when he thought about things like that.

The religious thing, well that depended on the vampire's human life. If they had been religious, they may have an affiliation with the power of a religious symbol. It really was all in their heads, honestly. What about the stake to the heart? Well, wouldn’t anything die of you staked it's heart?

All of this ran through Nagisa’s head in a matter of seconds. He knew he was stronger than this rouge. Not because he was half born vampire, not because this man was only a few years into his turn, but because Nagisa had the best older brothers the world would ever know. Only now, as he stood here, did he realize just what they had each taught him.

He was strong because they had failed at least once in their lives. That failure had spurred them to train Nagisa to be better. So, he just was. No matter how much he hated to practice, to train, to be a manly man’s man, Nagisa was now grateful for it. The vampire was done waiting. It sprang toward Nagisa

The small femboy vampire was sure the rogue could see him due to the electricity zapping along his skin. Blind, even partially, you could follow light most of the time. Nagisa used this to his advantage. The rougue had no idea just how fast a vampire truly was. Launching himself around the wall, Nagisa created a light effect that trailed behind him. Soon, the room was filled with the light.

The rougue was growing more and more unkempt. Nagisa could burn almost as bright as the sun. It would weaken him greatly to do so, but he didn’t mind. He knew his siblings would come for him. He turned the heat up. He could smell the flesh cooking off of the rougues bones.