8

The past three months didn't go so smoothly for Sabeeha; busy with work, applying to her school of choice for her masters in Canada, getting admitted into the school to start her program, traveling to Canada with her mum and Faisal for apartment hunting and getting a suitable one that's near her school for her. Getting home to start the NYSC final clearance before their POP (Passing Out Parade) and finally the POP. Done with her service and leaving for Canada in two months time to start her program with her birthday coming up next month.

Sabeeha got a call from Mahmud inviting her for a eat-out with Aisha to celebrate his birthday. He texted her the restaurant a day before his birthday. Sabeeha drove to the restaurant wearing a pink stoned maxi dress, black inner cap, pink chiffon scarf and pair of flat slippers. The birthday lunch went well not with Mahmud and Aisha being all lovey-dovey in her presence; feeding each other, kissing, laughing at silly things and with Sabeeha capturing their moments. She airdropped the cute videos and pictures of the couple she took to Aisha and deleted it from her gallery. Mahmud took pictures of himself and Sabeeha and pictures of Sabeeha and Aisha too.

A month after

Sabeeha's 21st birthday is in few days time and she doesn't plan to celebrate it at all. Her mind has been clouded with her traveling, school and all. She and Mahmud has become so close that one would think they're siblings. The fact that Mahmud and Aisha are age mates and they are both four years older than Sabeeha.

On the other hand, Sabeeha's parents, Faisal and grandma has planned a small party with few people for Sabeeha without her knowledge. Aisha, her siblings and some of her colleagues during her service were invited to the party. On a birthday, her phone keeps buzzing with different birthday wishes from her family (Grandpa, grandma, Azeemah, Uncle Jamal, Aunt Amina and co), Mahmud and others. Around Asr, she picked up the key of Mercedes Benz to go get some desserts at Bleu Cafe. She got there, ordered for the desserts, ate and order for a takeaway deserts for herself and Faisal. On getting home, her compound is filled with different cars.

Do we have guests??

She parked the car at the normal spot, brought out the takeaway from the passenger seat and headed inside the house. On saying her tasleem and stepping foot in the living room.

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rose petals falling from her head

She dropped the takeaway and brought her palms to her face with tears streaking down her cheeks. She saw Aisha, her siblings, Mahmud and her colleagues from work. Her grandma brought a gift box to her and ordered her to change into the clothes in the box. She dashed into the bathroom, showered, applied moisturizer and opened the gift box and brought a black ankara with pink and purple circular prints which was elegantly sown in a peplum blouse and straight skirt with bead works and high neck. She tied her headgear perfectly to seal her hair completely covering it. She brought the jewelry box placed gently in the gift box, she brought out a rose gold jewelry and laid it around her neck and ears and a Rolex wristwatch on her wrist. Sabeeha took a look at herself one final time in the mirror before heading downstairs. She stepped into the living room and they all squealed and screaming her name.

"My sister is as beautiful as always" Faisal wrapped his hand around her shoulder and pulled her to him

"Don't flatter me, Faisal"

"He's not flattering you, mami" her mum walked to her hugging her and passing a kiss on her forehead. "Happy birthday, mami"

"Thank you, mummy" hugging her back with a gloomy eyes.

"Here is your gift" stretching her hand with a gift box towards her.

She took the box from her mummy, opened the box and her eyes almost bulging out their sockets.