Chapter 11

Camila's POV

Lauren finally answered, "no."

I felt my heart shatter, and I couldn't breathe. The tears in my eyes built up, but I felt so numb that I couldn't force it out.

I stared at the floor blankly. It felt as if my hearing had suddenly gone. My vision began to get blurry.

I was hurt.

I was snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of the TV turning on. All of us turned our heads to face the large television at the corner of the room. I looked over to see that Lauren's dad had been on the sofa with the remote in his hands.

At first I thought we were gonna go through some paranormal stuff. But its nice to know that the Jaureguis household isn't full of ghosts or something.

"On Saturday, a fire broke out at the city art gallery. Witnesses say they are scarred from what they had experienced. However, the fire was declared suspicious by police. They are now looking for suspects who were related to the woman who passed away in the fire. Her daughter was safely rescued by a teen who was also trapped in the fire. The health of the little girl is considered stable, she arrived at her foster home just this afternoon."

I immediately felt the need to look at Lauren. I saw her already staring at me. She smiled then looked back at the TV. Just then Chris broke the silence, "I wonder why they think its suspicious. Fires happen. People die. Its life. You just need to move on. I do feel sorry for Sarah though, poor kid." He seemed to be sincere about what he said. But he was right.

Just then, my thoughts were once again cut off by the sound of the answering machine, we all looked over at the phone,

"Hey Mike and Clara. We'd ask you to bring Lauren into the police station for questioning tomorrow. Just a typical procedure. Nothing to be worried about. And we ask her to bring Camila with her if that's okay. See you tomorrow."