Chapter 16

Narrator's POV

"Who was it... At the door, I mean." The man asked. Now growing more interested in Lauren's story. She held her breath.

"It was the police."

Lauren's POV

"I'll get it." I heard Dinah say. I continued to stare at the door until she was in sight. I was confused as to why she wasn't saying anything once she opened the door.

"Is Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello there?" A man's deep voice called out. Dinah nodded and moved aside. Who was she letting in?

Two men walked in and waved once they saw me. I recognised them from the hospital. But why were they here?

"You can sit down." I smiled softly, motioning the couch. Camila and Ally moved onto one couch, giving space for the officers to sit down.

"We have some unfortunate news. And perhaps, you could help us." One of them spoke as they sat down. Dinah walked over and sat next to me after closing the door.

I nodded for them to continue.

"Sarah... Sarah Ross is missing. We believe she is kidnapped. Police have no reason to believe you two have anything to do with her kidnapping, considering that you were at the club when she went missing." I felt my heart break. Sarah's gone?

Austin's POV

"Where were you when Lauren Jauregui was being arrested?" Another question. I've never been questioned at a police station. And when I realize, here I am, I feel an empty pit in my stomach.

"I was at the club. Me and Lauren went together to talk about her relationship with Camila." I answered. I watched as the cop jotted down notes. Just then, the door of the small room had flung open. Another cop walked in and began looking at the notes that had been taken.

"Lauren Jauregui was granted bail. I personally believe it was stupid of the judge to let her out." The officer began discussing with the other. I knew that they had it wrong.

"Lauren didn't kill Amanda Ross!" I quickly jumped in. They both darted their attention to me. The officer who had just walked in, pulled up a chair and sat down.

"It was Carter. My friend... Carter. He's framing Lauren." I blurted out. Throwing Carter under the bus is something I'd never imagine myself doing. But Lauren was innocent, she didn't deserve to be thrown into jail for a crime she didn't commit.

A/N: I decided to continue. This story might end soon. But I promise more camren coming up in the next couple chapters.

This is a short update but woahh Austin is a good guy?! That's hard to believe. Wink wink.

Twitter- Heyjaureguii