Chapter 19 (Part 1)

Lauren's POV

After noticing James, I suggested that the entire family should play charades. I continued to stare at James across the room, but he seemed clueness to my presence.

"Why are you staring at him?" I felt Camila's hot breath tickling my ear, as she whispered. "Remember when we had to go to the police station for questioning?" I loudly whispered, knowing that no one was paying attention to our conversation.

Camila eagerly nodded, "he was there. He bumped into me." Camila seemed puzzled. I didn't understand much of it either. Carter's related to a cop? Is that why he keeps getting away with it?

"If we want answers we should go fucking ask him. I'm tired of playing detective and I just want the truth." I blurted. It caught the attention of Ally and Dinah, as I now felt their eyes on me.

I was surprised to see Camila jump out of her seat and pull James out of the room by his arm. We followed from behind, the extra echo of footsteps made me assume that Carter was also following.

We were led into a small room, it was empty and it smelled like paint. My first guess was that the room was being renovated. We all harshly came to a stop in the middle of the room and watched James' eyes widen as he looked around the room.

"Who are you people?" He quickly changed his look of shock to concern. I couldn't help but laugh bitterly as his attempt to cover his ass up.

"If you're a cop, you should know all of us from the Amanda Ross case. I want answers, we all want answers. And maybe if you hurried the fuck up it could help find Sarah too." I blurted as I felt my cheeks flush with anger and uncertainty.

He looked a bit thrown back by my sudden out burst. He sighed and dropped his shoulders once he noticed how serious and quiet everyone else was.

"Alright fine I'll tell you. This is what really happened..."

A/N: Are you ready kids?
Put on your big kid underpants because you're about to find out the truth oooo.