𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 49: Confession

Hold on to your socks, people👀

My brain is barely functioning and I'm honestly losing emotions at the moment, so this chapter might lack that soul feeling for the scenario.

I'm so lonely🥲

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Xiu wasn't sure if he's just playing around, or if Wukong was dead serious about it. She stops thinking and slowly looked his way. How long had she craved to see that expression as he looks at her back in the day? Her last lifetime felt like it was just yesterday, as he pushes her away for the thought of losing a friend in every death that comes snatching her life away. He knows that she's still just a mortal, and one that had been gone from his life for at least 500 years. That spark in her reignited without giving herself a chance for denial. He's pulling her out of her imaginative shell that no doubt he hadn't even noticed growing from her own doubts. There's no way he just suddenly changed his mind.

"I-Isn't that story supposed to be the princess kissing the frog?"

He laughs, "Even better! The soon to be queen kissing the dashing immortal king? That'll go way down the history books!"

She sucked a breath, pulling herself up to her feet and walks away.

"Where are you going?"

"Away from you." Monkey King frowns dashing forward to block her way. She allowed the shadow of her hair to hide herself from his gaze, "Let me go, Monkey King."

"Was it what I said? Didn't you understand the meaning behind it?" he looked at her dumbfounded. "Should I recite it again or should I use other phra—"

"I know what you said... " her voice came out as a squeak, feeling herself break little by little. She clenches her fists and starting banging them against his arms. "... I hate..." she mumbles.

Monkey King was taken aback, his gaze never leaving as the woman lashed out at him.

"I hate you... I hate you I hate you! I HATE YOU, SUN WUKONG!" hot tears fell from her eyes at the burst of emotion. "You said it's ridiculous, right?! That it's idiotic for me to think of us like that! You never casted a shadow at me after everything I said and done, and you even prevented me from remembering everything about you or who I was! You're so unfair!!!... It's so unfair..."

His tail lay limp on the ground at the sight of her crestfallen. The simian wasn't new to the guilt of what he causes, nor the push backs he mostly tried to avoid in his life by playing safe and doing things on his own. But they were shackles latched around his neck that made it hard for him to remember to breathe, much less try and defend himself anymore.

"You can't just... try and coax me into giving myself to you. The king never needed anyone in his life, didn't he?" she sobbed. Her legs caved in, and sunk on the ground. It's unbelievable of how much she still loves him through all of that. "I die... every single time we meet, I die. Is that who you want to be your queen?! Someone who vanishes right before your eyes, someone who's going to leave you in her numbered days, someone who can't even cook nor live more than mere fifty years of existence?! You can't just decide when to accept me, you can't just decide to love me now, you were supposed to stay away from me and tell me that it's better to keep distance from one another. You're supposed to—"