𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 60: Main Battle

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Xiu crosses her arms, eyes flaring at the black bird that just flew out of the vehicle. Of course they had to leave her to rescue Mei with the others! Typical smooth talking from Macaque himself to get her out of the most dangerous play. She should've expected that from him from all the times he did that to her in the two lifetimes he tagged along.

Her scowl doesn't disappear even as they crashes through the core of the mech. Immediately, they're met with a gigantic crystal where Mei was kept to harvest her powers. Xiu can feel the dual blades vibrate in delight, but at which one she wondered.

"Dragon girl!" Redson brought himself forward towards the crystal using his flames, digging his hands immediately in an attempt to take her out of it.

"My my..." she hears Chimangjing's voice whisper to her, "How salivating!"

Xiu flinches as blades trembled more roughly against her sides, grabbing them to make them stay still. That action causes for her soul to convulse, the reach of the darkened state of her soul extending to her jaw as her eyes slowly morphed to their red slit eyed ones.

"This might take a while," Redson grunts as he applied more pressure on the surface to crack it, "Get up here and help, w— Uncle! What are you doing?!"

Everyone turns their heads to Xiu. The woman climbed the walls using the blades, turning her head to the side to look at them, her eyes glowed bright red as her tongue slithers out with a hiss before continuing her hike up the top where she'd undoubtedly reach what she's after.

Macaque landed back with a loud thump as Monkey King threw him on the icy surface of the mech. His body ache at the strong blow he received from him, he was easily overpowered midair, and there's not even an aid of the Bone Demon's power while he's doing it. It's all raw strength from the strongest primate out of the two.

He huffs, pushing himself up by the elbows, seeing him walk towards the kid that's in between them and the main enemy. "Kid..." he coughs. He was nearly there, hands barely reaching MK's neck.

The ground beneath him explodes, slashes of red separating fragments of the floor to reveal Xiu. She lands perfectly on their spotlight, looking very different than what she left her to be. "Ahh, so this is why I feel a lot of aura from up here," she turns to the Lady Bone Demon and chuckles, "All powerhouses are going neck and neck with each other."

The demon grins as she gazed upon the newcomer, her dismay at the situation wiped away at the sight of the red mist blades held by an almost near death mortal, "Destiny has once again proved its leniency to me. I appreciate you willingly presenting yourself here... Lian Xiu? Or is it Chimangjing?"

"My my, looks my my great reputation finally precedes me. It'll be a delight to devoudamn about your destiny and reputation bull^hit!" Xiu stomps her foot.

"So it's Lian Xiu, then," Bone Demon chuckles, "After many years of handling your weapon, you have yet to achieve full control over it. It's best to leave it in the most capable hands, wouldn't you agree?"

She glances at Wukong, his ghastly appearance making her shift her thoughts back to her purpose of coming here in the first place, "Let Wukong go."

"I'm afraid not. Until I have all that I needed, his assistance will prove quite useful until I can reforge this world to its proper state. I've heard you have suffered greatly. Due to the nature of your blood oath with that python demon, you couldn't find peace even at death, cursed to carry on your memories until this very moment," she teleports beside the woman, a hand hovering over the tip of one blade and far enough to merely tempt its wild nature, "I can get you out of that misery. Perhaps it'll bid you precious time to finally get a taste of normalcy." Xiu swung her weapon, forcing the demon to block it with her powers, but just as what happened with Monkey King earlier, it easily shattered under the weight of her attack.

"Sorry. Normal really ain't my thing," she scoffs.

Bone Demon scowls at her reply, but smiles nonetheless, "I see you've succumbed to despair... Poor thing. Perhaps it was destined that you stand here before me. My mercy shall not exempt you and your friends. Hand over the dual blades and I'll give all of you a painless way to the Netherworld."

"What's my blades got to do with—" she morphs back into Chimangjing, devilish laughter emanating from her throat, "Try if you can!" she lunges towards her at a speed similar to the simians. Just before she could strike at her stomach, something collides to her side, holding her down as they tumbled on the floor. Chimangjing hisses at the sight of him, memories of her own last moments in the living flashing before her eyes, "Sun Wukong!!!"

The golden furred simian perks his head up at the void of his own body, the chain clanking at the small movement he made. There's a voice, barely audible, ringing from all directions he could face towards. He tries to free his arms for the umpteenth time, but it's just as futile as any other.

"At least fight her off of him!"

There it is again.

He knew that voice well enough to know who's talking out there, and it brought hope back to his senses, as well as fear for the life of the one who's probably fighting himself under the command of the Lady Bone Demon. "Xiu!"

"Wukong?"

A faint image of him glitches before her, lighting up the void of her own mind whilst Chimangjing took over her body. "You... you can hear me?"

Her heart could almost leap out of her metaphorical chest as she hears his voice again, "Wukong..." Xiu tries to take a hold of his image, but was pushed out of the void and into the light where her sights clears up to reveal a possessed Monkey King, pinning her down with only her blades acting as a shield. She shrieks, dodging to the side before he could punch her square on the face, his attack creating a small crater from where she should've been.

"MK, get the staff!" she hears Macaque instruct the kid. She hurries back up to her feet, running straight towards Macaque. The black furred simian recovers a bit and stands up, reaching to get her out of Monkey King's range, "Duck!" He rolls them out of the way and shape shifts into a gorilla, making the other change into similar form as well. He continues the fight at a distance, distracting him well enough to give Xiu and MK some space to possibly deal with the enemy.

She looks at the young man, clutching his hair as mocking voices of the Lady Bone Demon corrupted his senses. The woman rushed towards the demon, jumping up to slash, then blacks out again as soon as Chimangjing chooses to take over again, burying her deep within the void of her own self again.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her!" she hears Wukong's voice echo around her.

"Where are you?!" she yells back, hoping to get another reply from him.

"Xiu, you shouldn't be here. What were you thinking?!" his outline was near visible the longer she stared and focused at it. "She's after the blades!"

"I'm not gonna leave you alone in this. Did you really think I'd hide away knowing that you're under her control?!" she refrains from taking another step, not wanting to interfere with their connection. "How the hell am I even able to hear you?"

"... It must've had something to do with the weapon."

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾