Chapter 2: You Should Get Into Acting

Your POV

It was hour 15 and my feet were killing me from standing around so much. Damn overtime days, and damn these clunky Nevermore boots that never seemed to break in even though we were almost done filming the season. It was dark out now, so we were filming a night shot in the woods. It's one of the last scenes of the season, where Wednesday survives the battle with Crackstone and Enid finds out she's alive. Jenna Ortega had arrived to set not too long ago and she was standing on her mark for the cameras, sporting an oversized coat over her bloodied, dirtied costume, and her ever-present wired headphones framing her fake-bloodied face. Every time I saw her in such close proximity to me, she took my breath away in more ways than one. Aside from being undoubtedly the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, her portrayal of Wednesday was something you could tell she took seriously and it reflected in her flawless acting skills, something that was very admirable to me as I was working to be an actress of her stature. I had never spoken to her personally, but I've witnessed her interactions with others and she seemed so kind and genuine. Before I let myself stare at her too hard, I hear Tim's booming voice interrupt my thoughts.

"Does anyone have eyes on Emma? We need to re-run through blocking and camera placement for this shot." We all look around at one another, no one having an answer. I had only interacted with Emma a handful of times, each time an absolute pleasure, but I wasn't anywhere near close enough to her to know of her whereabouts.

"She's in makeup getting the blood work touched up. She'll be 5 more minutes." A crew member with a headset and about a thousand wires and walkie talkies attached to his belt voiced in. Tim let out a frustrated sigh. He was really great to work with, but he was also very strict on timing.

"Shit, we don't have 5 minutes. Um..." Tim looks around frantically and suddenly his eyes land on-

"You. What's your name?" He points at me and I feel a flash of panic set in as I've never been acknowledged by him before. My head is on a swivel to make sure he's actually talking to me before responding.

"Um, Y/n... sir." SIR? Why would I call him that? I groan internally as he flashes me a goofy smile.

"Who am I, my father? Please, call me Tim." His kindness makes my nerves settle a bit. I smile nervously back at him, still lost as to why I was being called out right now.

"You're about Emma's size and height. Can I have you stand on her mark for now? We just need to calibrate the camera placement and re-choreograph some things." He asks me nonchalantly, meanwhile I feel on the verge of a blackout. Stand on Emma's mark? Literally 5 feet from Jenna? Everything in me wanted to decline due to how nervous this was making me, but I was not about to say no to Tim Burton. I don't have time to ponder on it anymore as Tim, and every other extra, is looking at me expectantly.

"Sure, of course." I try to sound confident but the slight tremor in my voice overshadows it. I make my way over to the bright green mark on the floor, approaching Jenna's space quickly. Even still 5 feet away, this is the closest I have ever been to her and it was making my heart feel like a jackhammer in my chest. Jenna removes her headphones and jacket and offers me her signature dimpled smile, which really wasn't helping the heart rate situation.

"You're not Emma." Is all she says, but her voice this up close is foreign to me and it's making my stomach do cartwheels. I know she's teasing, given the fact that she's still smiling.

"Wow, you really shut the world out with those things." My eyes dart to the floor at the headphones sticking out of her jacket pocket. "I'm Y/n. I'm just standing in for Emma since she's running late."

"Nice to meet you, Y/n. I'm Jenna." I smile in response and it takes everything in me not to say "Duh", but I'm saved by the bell anyway. Literally, the bell signaling everyone to be quiet on the set goes off and I see Jenna fix her posture to assume the position of her character.