26

BRICE

It takes me a while to fall asleep. Between Le Penn and Soleil my emotions are all over the place making me restless. Add on that I'm not used to sharing my bed. I was raised an only child. What can I say? I'm spoilt. 

My fingers are still entwined with Soleil's. Her breathing has evened out. Despite the crazy events of tonight, she's out like a light. I envy her that.

I should have taken her back but for some reason I don't want her out of my sight. I roll onto my back shifting her body on top of mine to get comfortable. She doesn't stir. I take a moment to look at her as I assess my feelings – feelings that have been developing even after Thierry broke the tether of the spell.

Her dark hair fans out across my chest yet it appears... shorter and thicker. I feel the texture of the strands which are surprisingly course – a mixture of curls, coils and frizz. Her sooty lashes rest on her cheeks, mouth slightly open. She's adorable. 

How can I not be possessive over her especially after she gave me her vows. She belongs to me now which means she's under my care. What kind of man am I if I can't protect her as I draw her into my inner circle?

Protect her from what? A few harsh words? The asshole in me retorts.

I close my eyes and hold onto her a little tighter. As irrational as it is, the thought of her in any kind of distress touches a nerve I don't care to assess. I take a deep breath and try to relax. Things should run much smoother now that I've put everyone in their place.

*

A sweet smell permeates the air calling me from sleep. Even my dick stands at attention as it strains painfully against the constraints of my briefs – a reminder of why I usually sleep naked.

As if I could forget the sleeping beauty on top of me, she moans and wiggles around. Her arms wrap around me in a tight hug as she continues to grind on me. I attempt to stop her only to find my hands on her bare ass. The moisture from her core seeps onto my briefs. 

I give a hard squeeze and groan as the scent intensifies. The pheromones she emits let me know she is ripe for the picking. The thought of flipping her over and showing her what dreams are made of are interrupted when she cries out my name – my true name – Merovech.

I'm stunned still. 

How could she possibly know that?

It is in my hyper awareness I notice another energy in the room. One that isn't human.

My little minx moans again distracting me for a second.

"Soleil? Soleil!" I call, my hands instinctively squeezing her backside again.

I'm so close to giving in to my baser urges. However, I've got to get her back to the dorms before everyone else wakes up and find out who's in the manor. Their presence is now cloaked but I know they're here.

Finally the temptress stops her gyrations when she wakes and sits up in confusion.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry. This is embarrassing."

Between the bedhead, the pink tint that tinges her cheeks and those brown eyes that refuse to meet mine, I can't help but smile as she tries to get away from me when just a few seconds ago she couldn't get close enough. Even though she may deny wanting me, her body tells me otherwise.

She knows me. 

How does she know me? Have we been together before?

"You're soaking wet. What were you dreaming about?" I ask.