Chapter 6: The dream

Song: "as the world falls down" by David Bowie.
E/c= eye color
H/c=hair color

Y/n:
"It tastes like cologne" I said before looking everywhere slowly. I saw everything slowly spinning, as if everything's dancing. I put my hand to my forehead as I took long blinks. Sarah looked at me worried. I looked at her before starting to get more dizzy. "Y/n are you okay?" She asked as she put a hand on my shoulder. I nodded just right before collapsing onto the ground. Seeing Sarah's panic was the last thing I heard and saw before slowly falling unconscious.

I opened my eyes and I was suddenly standing at the entrance of a ballroom. I slowly walked more into the ballroom. My eyes wandered to every person and detail in the ballroom. I looked up and saw chandeliers with crystals, strings of pearls and candles, white ribbons had hung from certain chandeliers, walls sparkled, everything was beautifully decorated and white. I looked at the people and noticed everyone wearing big ball gowns, suits, and masks that looked like goblins. I looked into a mirror and saw myself wearing a beautiful white ballgown, crystal embedding at the torso, my dress switched to different colors whenever I turned. My hair was big and curly, I wore a beautiful crystal necklace with crystal chandelier earrings. I also noticed I wasn't wearing a mask and I felt like I stood out more. As I walked around, a lot of eyes were following me. A lot of the men stared at me and I would quickly look away.

I felt like I needed to search for someone. I looked past a crowd of people in front of me and saw a man in a bronze goblin mask. We made eye contact and he slowly put down his mask, revealing it to be Jareth. I saw him dressed in a royal blue suit with dark gems imbedded into his shoulders that looked like it would go all the way around to his back with some gems on his sleeves, white rags, black tights and black boots. I stared at him in awe with my mouth gapped open as I looked at him from a distance. As one of the people walked by, he disappeared into the crowd. I slowly walked to where he had once stood infront of and slowly went up the stairs to the second floor.

There was a small gathering of people that was surrounding a chest. I looked at the chest and saw a weird puppet come out. I looked at it a bit afraid with shock. They all laughed at me and made fun of me. I left the area and walked through another crowd. I began to grow a bit desperate to find him. He was the only person I knew in this room and it would feel comforting to be with him at the moment. I searched more before getting surrounded by dancing couples. I gently pushed through them and other couples dancing. I stood in the middle of the ballroom of the second floor and looked to my right carefully before looking infront of me.

I saw him staring at me while being in between two beautiful women. I stared at him in awe with my mouth gaped open again as he walked towards me. Our eyes stayed Locked as he placed one of his hands in mine and the other on my waist. I placed one of my hands on his shoulder as I held his hand. He slowly twirled us before walking down the stairs. We both swayed to the music as we kept eye contact. I could feel myself getting lost in his mesmerizing blue eyes. "But I'll be there for you~ as the world falls down" he sang to me. I continued to stare at him in awe as we continued to gently spin. "Do you trust me?" He asked. I nodded and he leaned closer to my face, stopping just an inch away from my lips.

Jareth:
I saw y/n enter the ballroom. She was in the white ballgown just like the doll on her music box, her beautiful H/c in big curls. We made eye contact and I had put my mask down. I saw her stare at me in awe as we kept eye contact. I felt like my heart was melting at the sight of her. We continued to gaze at each other from afar before I decided to get lost in the crowd. I was dancing with another woman to blend in with the crowd before looking at her and seeing her being laughed at. I watched her walk away from the area before going deeper into the crowd. I was hiding behind a fan as she walked by me. I smiled as I saw the desperation grow more on her face in search for me.

I walked down a set of stairs and was hiding behind a fan between two women. One was laying on my shoulder as the other one held a mirror beside my face. The woman that was holding the fan had set it out of the way. I saw Y/n standing in front of me, staring at me with her beautiful e/c eyes. I walked towards her and spinned us as I placed a hand on her waist and my other hand in hers. She placed her hand in mine as she gently placed her other hand on my shoulder. I took the lead and walked us down a set of stairs down to the first floor and gently swayed us to the music.We kept eye contact the whole time. As I sang to her, we both stared at each other in awe as we continued to gently spin. "Do you trust me?" I whispered into her ear. She looked at me before nodding and I smiled. I leaned closer to her face just an inch apart. "May I?" I asked softly, "Yes" she said. Our lips gently made contact and I held the kiss for a while before slowly pulling away. The clock chimed and I smiled at her. She soon noticed a crowd of giggling people around us. They were laughing at her. She then heard the clock chime. She looked at the clock and looked back to me before pulling away completely out of my grasp.

Y/n:
I felt our lips make gentle contact and I felt my heart skipping beats as he held it for a while. He slowly pulled away and I heard the clock chime as he smiled. His smile looked evil and I pulled away from his grasp completely. I pushed past the giggling crowd of people around us. A woman grabbed my arm to hold me back and I yanked my arm free out of her grasp. I ran and stopped in front of what seems to be a mirror. I looked around for something to break it and spotted a chair. I grabbed the chair and threw it at the mirror, causing it to shatter. There was audible screams as the whole ballroom tore apart with music fading. I was falling down gently through the air along with a couple of pieces of white ribbon, strands of pearls and glass shards from the ballroom. I looked below myself and saw a pile of junk. I landed on the pile of junk with a soft cling of metal.