OCEAN EYES

You really know how to make me cry
When you gimme those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Fallin' into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

CASPER

"Water. Wait, water??"
"Where am I, how did I get here? Is there anybody here! Help me! Someone! Help!"
I turn around but there isn't anyone else, just me and this Ocean or whatever this is. This water is freezing cold and it's raining hard. Looks like it's somewhere between evening and night. But why am I here, how did I get here?
Suddenly I feel like someone's grabbing my leg. And I don't have the courage to look. It's grip gets tighter and I can feel someone pulling me in.
"Let me go! Let me gooo!!!"
I struggle and kick the hand several times but it won't budge.
I am too scared to look but when I do steal a glance, there's a pale,skinny hand holding my leg and I can see a pair of shinning blue eyes staring at me.

Before I can react the hands pulls me in by all force and now I'm face to face with her. Her eyes they're just like mine. Ocean blue. She looks very familiar but I can't figure her face, it's too dark. But her eyes, no darkness in the world can dim the colours of her eyes. I can't take my eyes of them. It feels like her eyes are taking a look at my soul.

I got so lost in her eyes that I didn't notice her grabbing my hands and wait, why am I not running out of breath?
The moment I realize it I start to move vigorously, trying to loosen her grip. But nothing would work. In all this locomotion I saw another girl chained with the legs of blue eyed one.

She looks calm, she looks at peace, she looks dead. The moment my eyes catch her, I feel all life being sucked out of my body and suddenly I am out of air. I struggle even more but she won't let me go. She tightens her grip on my hands and pulls me closer.
Her eyes, even under water I can feel the tears in her eyes, they look sad, they look lost.
"SAVE YOUR TREASURE CASPER! SAVE YOUR TREASURE!... PLEASE, SAVE HER FOR ME...CASPER."

WHAT.. WAS..THAT?!!!
My lungs feel like they're on fire and I'm sweating? In winter?
My eyes feel warm. I'm crying? Why?
I get out of bed and check myself in the mirror. I look like a mess. I'm sweating like it's a summer afternoon, my body is cold, my legs are wobbly and for some reason unknown to men I'm crying my eyes out and I.CAN'T.STOP. I gulp down two glasses of water, wash my face and look at myself in the bathroom mirror.
"Her eyes. They were just like mine." I can't get the image of her eyes staring at mine out of my vision. Her eyes looked so lifeless, like all of their joy was sucked out of them. And who was that other girl?

"It was just a nightmare, nothing more. Go to sleep". I assured myself but I spent the rest of the next hour changing positions.
I looked at the time it was 4:45am in the morning and from today my last year of high school is going to start. Shit. I wanted the break to last. I'm not ready to go back, fake a damn smile and act normal.
What is normal? I'm not familiar with term. I knew I won't be able to sleep so I went out at the balcony with my blanket wrapped around moving like a walking burrito. The sky looks strange, somewhere between blue and grey and it's drizzling adding to the coldness of the night.

"I wonder when will spring come? I'm tired of this chilly, cold weather. It makes me feel so... lonely". My eyes move towards the sky as if someone is going to drop off and say, "Hi, you lonely?". I closed my eyes and let the chilly wind caress my cheeks.
"When will my spring come? For how long do I have to pretend? How many people do I have to be before I become myself?"
I kept thinking and thinking and eventually couldn't sleep.
Oh well, I've to get ready for school in a while. It's finally going to be over.

_

6:30am
Ok...I should've slept. Look at me, I look miserable. It's like I haven't slept for ages. Anyway, it's not like life wasn't miserable before this.
I took a bath and spent another half an hour deciding what to wear. According to my friends I should dress up in a way that screams I belong to the popular girl group of the class. But the problem is I'm not popular and I don't belong to them.
I settle for a oversized navy blue sweater and off white pants. For shoes I'm wearing my same old classic Nike air force. I've tied my hair into a high pony and pulled a few hair strands out. A bit of makeup to hide these stupid dark circles and of course my pink lip tint. I look decent. Off I go.
"What's the hurry Casper? You're not running late, it's still 7:30. Your school is a fifteen minutes drive away so come sit and have breakfast first."
Mom's always ready on the breakfast table, dad's already gone for work and Sophie is scrolling her social media while stuffing her mouth with cereal.
"It's your last year big sis. You wanna faint on your first day?"
Sophie chuckles a little as if she just blurted out joke of the century.
Her name isn't Sophie actually, it's Sapphire. Which is way cooler than mine.
"Shut up, it's your first day of first year of high school newbie. So don't go out making fun of your seniors. Everyone over there isn't nice you know."
"Guys. You done? Come on Casper, have a bite or two."
I eat a single toast and rush out 'cus I know I've to be there on time or they'll not let me breathe.
Mom said she'll drop Sophie herself. She has to pick her friends as well. They wanna join like some little middle school gang now in highschool or whatever. Idiots.
I don't know how to drive yet and mom's dropping Sophie so I'm going with Gwen. She's the only sane person in our group.
She arrives exactly at 7:45am.

"God, you look pretty Casper. Wearing makeup?"
"Thank you Gwen. Yeah a little."
"Nice. Ready?"
Am I? No.
"Yes"
"Let's go pretty".
I'm having a feeling things are going to be really different this year.

Author's note:
Hi I'm BOMI.
This is my first book so please be gentle. I know there are a ton of mistakes in it and I'll try to improve myself.
Thankyou for reading my story.
Please stay safe and stay hydrated. Sending you loads of hugs ♥️💞🫂