WHAT'S THE COLOUR OF THE SKY?

'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars

I'm gonna give you my heart

'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars 'Cause you light up the path

CASPER

Ok....so.... everyone is here on the first day. No one wants to miss out. Cool, cool.
"It's crowded isn't it? Look at the freshmen. Overly dressed for their first day."
Gwen keeps saying hi to almost every person we come across in the hall way and every person acts as if some celebrity just waved at them. Yeah she's famous but not as much as her.
"Took you long enough! And what's that that? Make-up? Dear ghostie your skin is already milky white like a ghost why bother with that?"

Here she is folks. Bethany the arrogant.
I

don't know how I ended up being friends with her. She's a total bitch. Daddy's little princess. She joined our school an year ago, back then she wasn't like this or at least she didn't behave like this. It used to be me, Gwen, Jane and Anne. But one day she came outta nowhere, took my place in the group and somehow made us believe she was better than us and I was the worst among all. She doesn't call me by my name. She calls me ghostie because of my extreme white complection and deep blue eyes. She says my name reminds her of the movie Casper in which there's a bit who's a friendly ghost with blue eyes and yeah is white and since he's a boy she says it's a boys name. I asked mom about it and she said grandma gave it to me and I shouldn't feel bad about it no matter what the world says. It means treasurer. But I don't have anything I treasure, there's nothing that special in my life.
"Come on Beth, it doesn't look bad. It's nice Casper."
Jane gave Bethany a sharp look and turned her eyes towards me. She looks pretty. Her red shoulder length hair, straight and equal, her green eyes and maroon lipstick. Ofcourse she looks dazling in her gothic fit. Jane is a different kind of pretty. Her style is grunge but she's gentle.
"Whatever. We'll be late for the class. By the way, did anyone see Chris today?"
Chris. Christopher Pane. The highschool heartthrob. He's Bethany's ex. They dated for six months and brokeup on the last day of our last academic year. There's nothing about Christopher you can hate. He's perfect, too perfect. I can't even think about being close to him. Besides he belongs to Bethany.
"Nope. And didn't you guys brokeup or something so why are you looking for him?"
Anne doesn't even look at Beth's face and continues scrolling through her cellphone.
"Well...I never said we'll never get back together."
"Wait so you're together?", says Gwen with her eyes gouchimng out.
"Not yet Gwendolyn but soon. As soon as I find him."
"Good luck with that Beth. Chris looks like a player but he isn't one. Once you're out, you're out."
Says Anne this time lifting her eyes and giving Bethany an emotionless look.
"Shut up. I'll get him."
She will. They look perfect together. Perfect.
First class is geography and me, Beth and Jane are in the same class. Now you might be thinking ,"Awesome. There's one of her friends with her!" but hear me out. Once we're in our respective classes they become someone else. They all start acting like some super models on the runway. All of them get out of reach. It feels like suddenly they grow wings and fly. Like they're from winx club and I'm the only one left. The odd one out.
We sit in the third row. First Bethany then Jane and me in the last. Professor Phil, our geography teacher allows us to sit however we want. But when I come to sit on the third desk there's already a tag on it that says "NEW STUDENT". New student? But it's the last year of high school. As far as I know our school doesn't accept new students let it be transfer students in final year.
"I can't sit here. I'll sit on the next one in the line", I said picking my bag up from the desk and putting it on the other. No one seems to care. And I'm talking to myself.
There isn't any sign of Chris. I wonder if he's gonna show up or not.
"Ok class settle down, I've something to announce."
I know what it is. My eyes drift towards the desk beside me. "New student".
"There's a new student joining us today. You may come in."
A girl enters the class closing the door behind her. The moment she stands at the front I can sense all eyes moving towards her. The atmosphere turns cold and it's like you can feel time passing by. Everything is still. No one's even moving.
There stands a girl before us. She's wearing a shirt with horizontal stripes of different shades of red, a dark denim jacket and jeans of the same shade. Her long wavy chestnut hair tied in a neat pony with a few short hair strands covering the sides of her face. They look natural unlike mine which I pulled out myself. Bangs parted to the right side. A black headset hangs around her neck with colorful stickers on it, a navy blue bag hanging on her right shoulder and converse snickers. She's tall. I guess almost 5"7. She wears a red lip tint or is it natural? She's damn pretty. No one is taking their eyes off her. She's smiling at the class with her eyes moving form one corner to the other. But they're moving too fast, I can't see them clearly.
"Introduce yourself Miss Blue."
Blue.
"Hi guys. My name's Skyler, Skyler Blue. You can call me just sky..."
"Skyler? You're from the clouds or something?"
Bethany ofcourse. Someone has to be the arrogant one.