~14~ Old friend

Hi! It's me again! 1k reads!!? Did I read that right?? That's crazy! Thank you so much!!!

Please make sure to comment, it really motivates me. 

Also this idea sounded really good in my head but I'm sure the minute I try writing it, it's going to come out like garbage.  Also it's slightly inspired by a couple other one-shots I've read, just not the same plotline. 

⚠️TW! character death, guns, blood⚠️ 

Enjoy! ❤️❤️❤️

------------------------------------------

 It was almost as though Death was stalking Peter.

His first encounter with Death was at the age of 5, when his parents died.

Then again when he was 14, when his Uncle Ben was shot by a robber. That makes 2. Since then, Peter has had many more interactions with Death. Almost all were caused by being Spider-Man.

In fact, Peter had so many meetings with Death that he almost considered Death to be an old friend.

Maybe not a good old friend considering Death took both his parents and his uncle. But he couldn't blame Death, that wouldn't be fair. Death was just doing his job.

Peter was swinging back to his apartment, only five minutes away. He had a test tomorrow and was confident he was going to do well. He stopped to refill his web shooters as he saw they were running low. He heard a cry for help a couple of alleys away. He swung towards the noise.

The way Peter saw it, Death would only be taking you to a better place. A better world with any lost loved ones. A world without war and hunger. It sounded amazing.

"Spider-Man! Help!" Peter rushed into action, pushing the man away from the lady he had been trying to mug. He heard the receding footsteps as the woman fled.

But Peter didn't want to leave this world. This world had so many people he needed to stay with, people who would be devastated if he left for the other side. He couldn't leave. Not yet.

Now that the woman was safe, Peter could focus on the man in front of him. All he had to do was take him to the police, then he could go home. He couldn't wait to see MJ tomorrow.

Peter had a brilliant life ahead of him.

His spidey-sense was going off.

A life that included lab days with Tony, helping so many more people as Spider-Man and spending the days with Ned and MJ

Bang.

He had been dating MJ for 3 years now, and they were going to go to college together.

Bang.

They had been accepted into MIT and just had to finish the school year.

Bang.

Peter couldn't wait for the late summer nights where he would stay up, calling MJ until they both fell asleep.

Peter stumbled back in shock as he looked down at his stomach. He saw a dark red color seeping through his suit. He shot a web towards the man, sticking him to the wall, the impact knocking him out.

He didn't want to leave her. He wanted to stay with her and tell her everything would be alright. Because it would. Right?

Peter had been shot before, that was no secret. Hell, he had even been shot multiple times in one night. But this time was different.