~Chapter 38~

Grant's POV:

On the way home, all I could think about is how nervous Ellie gets around both Andrew and I. I understand that sometimes it can be quite a nerve racking experience, but we always try to make it as easy as possible for her.

I also don't think that Ellie will ever be 'ready' to go to Andrew for her blood pressure, so I start to think of other ways to get around it.

*10 MINUTES LATER - AT HOME*

Ellie's POV:

We finally arrive home and I go straight upstairs to get changed into something more comfy. I just want to sit up in my room for the rest of the evening, so I don't have to go downstairs and have a lecture with Grant - I know it's bound to happen, it always does after an appointment.

Grant's POV:

When Ellie rushes upstairs, I know it's so she can get away from me. I hate that she thinks I'm always dragging her to appointments just for the fun of it, but I'm really not. I just care for her so much and I would hate for anything to happen to her.

Whilst she is upstairs, though, it gives me a good opportunity to think and research other ways into either getting Ellie to be less scared for her appointments or another way around getting her blood pressure taken. I could ask Andrew if he could come round to ours to check Ellie's blood pressure, but I feel like she needs to keep her appointments and home life separate, so that's off the list. Maybe I could ask Andrew if he wanted to come round here sometimes so Ellie could maybe get to know him a little better? No, I can't do that either I don't think. Ellie will probably hate that he's around more - mixing her appointments in with her appointment again. What if I get a blood pressure monitor at home? Surely that will work? Just Ellie and I. No Andrew.. We can do it whenever she feels comfortable and then just send the readings to Andrew... I message Andrew to ask if he thinks it's okay.

G - Hey, mate. I have a question about Ellie.. I don't think she will ever be 'ready' to see you again for her blood pressure and I know you need to get a reading. However, do you think it would be a good idea for me to get a blood pressure monitor at home and try and get some reading here at home where she is a little more relaxed?

A - Hiya, mate. Yeah, I think doing it at home may help a little. I do, really, need to get a reading at the office, just because it's one of the main factors of White Coat Syndrome, but if you can manage to get readings at home, then it would help. I'll send you a link that you can upload the readings to.

G - Ohh, right. Okay. I'll get one tomorrow, then and see if I can persuade her to get some readings. I don't know how easy it'll be to get her to see you to have it done, but I'll try.

A - Okey dokey, mate. Maybe after she's done it a few times with you, she'll be more inclined to see me.

G - Yeah. Thanks, mate.

A - No problem; anytime, mate.

I look online to see if I can find a blood pressure monitor instead of getting one tomorrow. After a few minutes of scrolling, I found one and bought it. Even if Ellie doesn't use it very much, I could use it just to monitor my blood pressure as it's been known to go quite high.

Ellie's POV:

I've been laying on my bed for a while when I decide to go downstairs to see if Grant's cooking tea.

"Hey, Ellie. You okay?" he says, when he sees me walk through the door into the kitchen
"Hi, Grant. Yeah, I'm fine. Are we having tea soon?" I say, as I go to sit down on the island opposite him.
"We can do. Is there anything you fancy?"
"No, I don't mind. Maybe not something too hard or cold because my tooth is kinda sensitive from earlier..."
"Oh okay.. Does it hurt at all?"
"Umm... I don't really know... It just feels a bit weird.." I say, looking down at my hands.
"Okay.. I might need to have a look at it, sweetheart.. Tell me if it hurts when we eat or feels any more weird later, okay?" Grant says, concerned.
"It'll be fine, Grant. It'll go away, I'm sure. I'll tell you if it gets any worse." I say quickly.
"Don't worry, princess. I'll just take a quick look if I have a look at all. We don't even have to go down to the office." He says, reaching for my hand across the table.

A/N- i'm sorry i haven't updated this in a while! this chapter isn't very good anyway, so sorry as well, but, hopefully, it will get better!! thank you for 32k reads as well!! omg 🫶🫶