Temptation

When Tito didn't answer right away, Caylee wondered what the hell was going on. She knew she hadn't mistaken the energy that was sizzling back and forth between them earlier at the restaurant. Tito wanted her as much as she wanted him. Waiting longer to have each other didn't make any sense. He was the one who had asked her out not once but twice now, despite her initial misgivings about going to bed with someone who was so closely connected to the law firm, and to Jack.

"It's not a trick question," she prompted, as he pulled the car out of the parking lot, headlights highlighting the cypress trees that soon gave way to saw grass marshes alone the side of the two-lane highway.

He finally glanced over at her, the muscle tense on his jaw line.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

She felt her whole body go stiff.

"Fine then."

"Caylee."

"I misread signals, that's all."

"You didn't misread anything." He drummed his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Then what's the problem?" She reached over and put her hand on his arm, felt the strong muscles beneath the swirling ink. "You're hurting. I want to help."

"So it's a pity fuck?"

She kept her eyes on his, steely, until he turned his gaze back to the road.

"You know better than that."

He sighed. "Yeah. I do. And there's nothing I want more right now that to bury myself balls deep in you and forget about Eleanor and what this news will do to Maria and every other issue I have for one night."

"So what's the problem?" she asked again.

"The problem is I like you, Caylee, probably more than I should. And when I take you to bed - and I intend to do that soon - it's not going to be because I had a bad day and need to relieve some tension. It's not going to be because I want to escape from my problems. When I take you to bed it's going to be all about wanting you. Just you. Mind clear. No distractions."

The air practically buzzed with his energy, and she had a sudden image of what it would be like to have all that energy focused on her when they had sex the first time.

"This is so unfair," Caylee started, then added quickly when she saw the look he gave her, "no, not the fact that you want to wait until later before we take each other  to bed. That makes sense."

"Then what's unfair?"

"What's unfair is that what you said is the sexiest rejection I've ever heard." She gave him sideways look. "Not that I'm accustomed to being rejected."

"I'm sure you're not. The unfair part?" he prompted again.

"I agree with you, dammit, and it's worth waiting for. But after what you said just now, you've got me even more aroused than I was already."

The corner of his mouth quirked in an almost smile.

"How aroused?"

"Oh shut up. It's not funny."

"Take off your panties."

"What?"

"Do it."

Caylee didn't like anyone telling her what to do. Usually. But the curt order from Tito had her on the edge of climaxing right there in his car. She could only imagine how assertive he'd be in bed. When they finally got there, that is.

She gave him a sly look, then arched her hips, moved both hands up under her skirt to grip the lacy sides of her thong, and slid it down the length of her legs. She dangled it on the tip of her finger for a few seconds over the dash.