theia

Mayson

"What are you doing?" I whispered behind Mr. Jackson who looked like he was tryna fix the cash register.

He let out a high-pitched yelp then cleared his throat embarrassed, "What are you doin', standing behind me and shit?" He snapped, "When you even get here?" He muttered.

"Just now?" I asked in confusion, "And the bell above the door literally rung." I snorted.

You slammed the wrench that was in his hand down, "You know what? Since you wanna be all smart and shit, you can fix the damn register." He snapped and shoved the wrench into my hand.

I shook my head and chuckled at him. I inspected the register and laughed again when I realized the problem, "It's not even broken." I laugh, "There's just a penny stuck." I said then removed it, "There it's fixed, now pay me." I said holding my hand out.

"Tuh, you must outta yo damn mind if you think I'm payin' you." He scoffed and walked away.

"Hey Mace." Ryan said walking in after him her school uniform.

It was the following week after the whole Leon thing. Paris hasn't mentioned it at all which surprised the hell outta me.

Maybe she listened when I said to let it go.

Nah, probably not.

I have an itching feeling she did something but for now, I'll act clueless.

"Hey Ry, ready to go?" I asked picking up my bag.

"Yeah let's go." She said and walked out the door.

Sometimes Ry walks to school with me to keep me company. I never asked her to, she just does it.

I shivered and wrapped my jacket around myself tighter, bringing my beanie down to my ears.

"So how's your girlfriend?" Ryan asked.

I rolled my eyes, "She's not my girlfriend."

"But you want her to be." She smirked.

"I-" I stammered, "Shut up." I flicked her forehead.

"Ow!" She rubbed her forehead, "You know it's true." She grumbled.

"Whatever." I mutter.

"You're birthdays coming up, what do you want?" She smiled.

"Hot, running water." I sighed and smiled softly to myself.

"I'm serious." She deadpanned.

"So am I!" I laughed.

"There's nothing materialistic you want?" She asked.

I thought about it for a moment, "No, not really." I shook my head.

A sharp gust of wind blew making it 10x colder. My hair whipped into my face even with the beanie on my head.

I grumbled and kept tryna move it away but it kept moving back.

"One of these days, I swear I'm gonna cut it." I muttered.

"You've been saying that for years." Ryan snorted.

"I know but my hair is also how I hide my face. If I don't have hair, how am I supposed to do that?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe stop hiding your face?" She suggested.

"That's possibly the worst response you could've come up with." I stared at her blankly.

"Fine! Then don't cut it." She grumbled.