muse

Paris

I was scrolling on my phone doing nothing, while I let Mayson sleep on my stomach.

She looked so peacefully. Her mouth was slightly open and I could hear soft snores coming from her.

My hand rested in her hair where I occasionally played with it. Her hair is thick with natural waves that stop right at her shoulder blades.

She always complains how much she hates her hair and how much she wants to cut it because it's a "nuisance" but I never let her. I love her hair way too much.

I was softly humming to a song when Mayson suddenly shot straight up with wide eyes.

I jumped a little at the sudden movement, "Jesus christ, did you die in your dream or something?" I asked, startled.

"No." She breathed but then furrowed her eyebrows, "But there was this one dream where I broke my leg and I was trying to run away from this serial killer and I-" She started until she looked up and saw me looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh, never mind it's not important." She mumbled with flushed cheeks.

I smiled at her cuteness, "Why'd you wake up like that?" I asked.

She immediately perked up again, "Oh, because I think I know what I want to do for the theme of my art final." She smiled.

When she didn't continue so I raised my eyebrows, indicating for her to go on, "Oh I can't tell you. At least not yet." She said.

"Why not?" I scrunched my nose.

"Because I wanna work out a few details first." She said then got up, "Matter fact I'm gonna do it right now."

My eyes widened when I heard the last part, "What? Why now?" I whined.

She smirked down at me, "Gonna miss me too much, eh?"

I put a stoic expression and picked up my phone again, "Never mind you can leave." I said.

Mayson let out a laugh and grabbed my phone, "I'll tell you once I get a few things sorted out. Promise." She smiled.

"Yeah whatever." I grumbled looking forward.

She let out another quiet laugh and out my phone on my lap. She came closer to me and a second later, I felt a light kiss on my cheek, "Bye Theia!" She called out as she grabbed her backpack and walked to the door.

Me being my stubborn self I didn't say anything and went back to my phone.

A second later I heard a voice, "You didn't say bye back."

I looked over my shoulder to see Mayson frowning by the door.

"Did you seriously come back just because I didn't say bye?" I laughed.

"Yes." Mayson said seriously with no hint of sarcasm.

It's the fact that I know she's not joking and she's absolutely serious that makes me shake my head in amusement, "Bye, Mayson." I smile.

She once again perks up, "Bye Theia." She smiles softly then walks out.

I shake my head with a smile as my heart flutters for the girl her just left.

••••••••••

Mayson

As I walked to the bus stop I mapped out the idea of my art final in my head. The idea that came to me in my sleep was when I was dreaming about the first crush I had on a girl, my ex-wife.