Reflection

Olivia was an ordinary woman with an ordinary life, until a mirror arrived at her doorstep. It was an antique, with an ornate golden frame and a shimmering surface that seemed to hold a secret. Intrigued, Olivia hung the mirror in her bedroom, unaware of the psychological torment that awaited her.

Late one night, as Olivia lay in bed, she caught a glimpse of movement in the mirror's reflection. She turned to look, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. It was then that she noticed something unsettling—the reflection in the mirror seemed slightly distorted, as if the room behind her was subtly different. Curiosity turned to unease as Olivia found herself spending more time gazing into the mirror. The discrepancies in the reflection became more pronounced—a shadowy figure lurking in the corner, furniture that shifted when it shouldn't. The mirror seemed to be showing her a twisted version of reality.

Night after night, Olivia became increasingly obsessed with the mirror. She couldn't tear her eyes away from the haunting reflection that stared back at her. The once-familiar room transformed into a nightmarish realm, its walls adorned with dark symbols and obscured by an ominous fog. 

As days turned into weeks, Olivia's mind began to unravel. Reality became a blur, and she no longer knew which version of the world was true—the one reflected in the mirror or the one outside its confines. Her sanity hung by a fragile thread as she struggled to discern between illusion and truth. Whispers echoed in her ears, voices that seemed to come from the mirror itself. They taunted her, whispering secrets and sowing seeds of doubt. Shadows danced along the edges of her vision, their movements mirroring those in the twisted reflection.

Desperate for answers, Olivia sought the help of a renowned psychologist, Dr. Harrison. But even he struggled to comprehend the extent of Olivia's torment. He delved into her psyche, exploring the depths of her mind in an attempt to understand the malevolent force that had taken hold. The sessions became a battleground between Olivia's sanity and the dark presence within the mirror. Dr. Harrison tried to convince her that the reflection was a product of her imagination, a manifestation of her deepest fears and insecurities. But the mirror's hold was relentless, tugging Olivia deeper into the abyss of her own mind.

One fateful night, as Olivia stared into the mirror, her reflection took on a life of its own. It stepped out, emerging from the glass and standing before her—a distorted version of herself, twisted and contorted. The doppelgänger whispered in Olivia's ear, promising liberation from the torment, urging her to embrace the distorted reality. With a flicker of hesitation, Olivia reached out, her hand trembling as it touched the surface of the mirror.

In that moment, a surge of realization flooded her mind. The mirror held power because Olivia had given it power. It thrived on her fear and uncertainty, growing stronger with each moment of doubt. With newfound determination, Olivia withdrew her hand, severing the connection. As the mirror shattered into a thousand fragmented pieces, a sense of freedom washed over Olivia. The distorted reflection vanished, leaving her standing in a room restored to its former state. The nightmare was over, but the scars on Olivia's psyche would remain.

To this day, Olivia warns others of the dangers of self-doubt and obsession. The reflection in the mirror is a reminder that one's own mind can become the most terrifying prison, distorting reality and leading to a descent into madness.