Blood Moon

Important Note!!!!! This story may cause triggers for some people.  Reading this story can cause side effects such as: nightmares, paranoia, eerie feelings, that person behind you [jk it's just me ;)]. Reader discretion is advised!

In the heart of the sprawling forest, where ancient trees loomed like dark sentinels and the ground was blanketed in shadows, there stood a forgotten altar—a place of unspeakable horror and forbidden rituals.

On the eve of a blood moon, a group of thrill-seekers ventured into the depths of the forest, lured by whispers of the altar's dark power. Among them was Sarah, a young woman whose thirst for adventure often led her into the darkest corners of the unknown. As they delved deeper into the forest's embrace, a sense of foreboding settled over the group like a suffocating shroud. The air grew thick with the stench of decay, and the trees seemed to close in around them, their twisted branches reaching out like gnarled fingers.

At the heart of the forest, they stumbled upon the ancient altar—a macabre monument to a forgotten era. Symbols of blood and bone adorned its surface, and the ground beneath it was stained with the remnants of dark rituals long past.

Unbeknownst to them, they had awakened something ancient and malevolent—a force that hungered for blood and thrived on the suffering of the innocent. The air crackled with an otherworldly energy, charged with the raw power of the dark forces that lurked within the forest's depths. Sarah's friends trembled with fear, their minds suffocated by sheer terror, as they felt the weight of centuries of anguish bearing down upon them. The shadows seemed to pulse with a life of their own, twisting and writhing in the moonlight like tendrils of darkness reaching out to claim their souls. A sense of impending doom hung heavy in the air, suffocating them with its palpable presence, as if the very fabric of reality were unraveling around them. Yet, despite the overwhelming sense of dread that permeated the forest, Sarah remained undeterred, her resolve hardened by an insatiable thirst for forbidden knowledge and a reckless disregard for the consequences that awaited her.

As the blood moon cast its crimson glow upon the forest, the shadows seemed to come alive with sinister intent. Sarah approached the altar, her heart pounding with a mixture of dread and anticipation. As she reached out to touch its weathered surface, a chilling wind swept through the forest, carrying with it the whispers of forgotten souls and the echoes of ancient incantations.

And then, in a flash of blinding light, the forest erupted into chaos—a frenzy of blood and bone that stained the earth with the horrors of the past. Shadows danced in the moonlight, twisting and contorting into grotesque shapes, and the air filled with the agonized screams of the damned.

Sarah's friends fell to their knees, their minds shattered by the sheer magnitude of the horror unfolding before them. But she remained transfixed by the altar, oblivious to the carnage that surrounded her, her eyes gleaming with a madness born of forbidden knowledge.

As the blood moon reached its zenith, Sarah uttered the final words of the ancient incantation, her voice dripping with madness and despair. And with that final utterance, the forest fell silent—a deafening silence that echoed through the darkness like a funeral dirge.

When Sarah awoke, she found herself alone amidst the carnage—a solitary figure in a world stained with blood and horror. The forest lay in ruins around her, its secrets laid bare for all to see. As she stumbled out of the forest, a sense of emotional numbness washed over her. And as the blood moon faded from the sky, Sarah vanished into the night—a lost soul in a dimension consumed by madness and despair.

The forest became a graveyard—a haunted place where the echoes of Sarah's madness lingered in the shadows, and the cries of the fallen echoed through the darkness for eternity. The trees themselves seemed to weep blood, their gnarled branches twisted into grotesque shapes as if mourning the lives lost to the darkness. And the echoes of Sarah's screams reverberated through the night, a chilling reminder of the horrors that lurked within the depths of the Chanting Woods.

Hey guys, I know it's been a bit and I'm sorry. School has left me so busy that I barely have time to do anything anymore. I hope you enjoy this short story and will try to have a new one for you next week. Luv you all <3    ~Charrlotte W.