Unending Pulse

⚠️Warning: This story contains themes of psychological horror, obsession, and graphic descriptions of medical procedures. Reader discretion is advised.⚠️

Dr. Benjamin Harper was a respected physician known for his exceptional skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). His colleagues admired his dedication and his uncanny ability to bring patients back from the brink of death. However, there was a darkness hidden behind his determined gaze—a darkness that would soon consume him.

One fateful night, Dr. Harper received an emergency call. A patient in cardiac arrest was being rushed into the hospital. The adrenaline surged through his veins as he prepared to perform the life-saving procedure he had mastered. Little did he know that this particular case would unravel his sanity. 

As the patient was brought into the resuscitation room, Dr. Harper's hands moved with practiced precision. The room buzzed with urgency, the beeping monitors and the rhythm of chest compressions creating a symphony of chaos. But amidst the chaos, Dr. Harper's mind began to falter. With each compression, he felt an odd connection—a strange energy passing from the patient's lifeless body into his own. It was as if a dark presence lurked within the room, whispering sinister promises in his ear. The line between him and the patient blurred, and an unsettling thought crept into his mind—perhaps he had the power to control life and death.

Days turned into weeks, and Dr. Harper's obsession with CPR deepened. He began performing the procedure relentlessly, regardless of whether it was necessary or not. Patients who had already passed away were brought back to life by his unwavering determination, but the more lives he saved, the more his own mind deteriorated. He became consumed by the idea that he held the key to eternal life—a godlike power to cheat death. His once compassionate nature gave way to a twisted sense of control and superiority.

Dr. Harper's colleagues began to notice the change. His eyes gleamed with an unnatural intensity, and a maniacal grin would occasionally play upon his lips. Patients who were revived spoke of a strange presence—a feeling of being trapped in a cycle of endless resuscitation, their souls caught between the realms of the living and the dead.

As his obsession grew, Dr. Harper's actions became increasingly reckless. He started using extreme measures during CPR, causing more harm than good. Bones cracked, organs ruptured, and patients screamed in agony. But Dr. Harper was beyond reason, consumed by his deranged quest for power over life and death.

One night, as he stood over a patient's lifeless body, a horrifying realization struck him. The patient's eyes, wide with terror, seemed to implore him to stop. In that moment, Dr. Harper saw the true horror of what he had become—a monster, toying with life for his own twisted desires. The weight of his actions bore down upon him, and the reality of his madness crashed over him like a tidal wave. Driven to the brink of insanity, he collapsed to the floor, clutching his head, desperate to silence the unending pulse that echoed within his mind.

Dr. Harper was found days later, a broken man. The resuscitation room had become his personal hell—a place haunted by the screams of those he had tortured. His medical license was revoked, and he was confined to a desolate psychiatric institution, forever tormented by the memories of his descent into madness. The halls of the psychiatric institution whispered his name, and the shadows danced with twisted glee. Nurses passing by claimed to hear the faint sound of distant screams and the rhythmic thud of chest compressions, echoing from the depths of Dr. Harper's tormented mind.

The story of Dr. Benjamin Harper serves as a chilling reminder of the dangers of obsession and the fine line between life-saving heroism and delusional madness. The echoes of his maniacal laughter still resonate in the resuscitation room, a haunting reminder of the darkness that can consume even the brightest minds.