Chapter Five

You woke up the next day, a bit sore but overall in a really good mood. You began to get ready for the day, looking in the mirror for a second. You froze. You were covered in hickies. You had them all over your chest and neck. "Fuck..." you mumbled. This was going to take some work to cover up.

You got to work with layers of makeup, trying your absolute best to cover the hickies. You did a good job, but they couldn't be covered completely, you could still see them faintly if you looked a little closer. You sighed, pulling out a black turtleneck top. It wasn't a heavy material, so you'd still be able to train in it. It would just be a bit awkward.

Luckily, the turtleneck top covers most of the hickies. You're pretty sure no one will notice, most likely. You nod, satisfied with your work, and go to the mess hall to get your coffee. You decided to keep your hair down, to cover anything you couldn't successfully hide.

You walked into the mess hall, and made your coffee. It was early. Ghost was here, but König wasn't. You took a seat at the table across from him. It was just you and him, the rest of the team hadn't made it in yet.

Ghost seems to narrow his eyes at you. "Hey, Noir. You look different today. What is it.." He almost seemed to be thinking out loud instead of just asking you a question. You shrugged, acting nonchalant.

"Nothings really different, honestly." You replied, cool as a cucumber. Guys usually didn't care much about these things, so you were hoping he would drop it.

Ghost looked at you for a minute, his eyes scanning over you. Why was he being so strange? As he was inspecting you, König walked in, getting his own coffee and sitting down next to you. Ghost looked over at him.

"Hey, doesn't Noir look different to you König?" König just shrugged. "Not really." You couldn't tell for sure, but you just knew he was smirking beneath his mask. He was definitely enjoying this.

Ghost looked at you once more. "Your hair is down. You never wear it down. And I've never seen you wear a top like that. Is there a special occasion or something love?" He teased you.

You shook your head. "Nope. Just.. felt like wearing it down today." You took a sip of your coffee. You wanted to look away, but you didn't want it to be more obvious than it already was that you were hiding something.

Ghost nodded. His eyes scanning over you. You never saw him look at you this way before. He looks you in the eyes, leaning forward slightly. "You look pretty with your hair down like that. I like it." He smirked beneath his mask.

'Oh my god. Is he FLIRTING with me? Simon Ghost Riley is flirting with me?!' You thought to yourself. First König, now Ghost? You were beginning to wonder if you were in the twilight zone. You blush lightly. Taking another sip of your coffee before you respond.

"Oh. Thanks. I guess I don't wear it down all that often-" You were about to continue responding when you suddenly felt a strong hand on your thigh. You didn't look down, you knew it was König. You looked over out of the corner of your eye. He looked fuming, he was glaring at Ghost. You tried not to blush harder as you felt his hand on your thigh underneath the table.

"Do you want to train again together y/n? I could show you a few tricks.." He winked at you. He didn't seem to notice the way that König was staring him down. You were about to respond, but you were interrupted.

"She's training with me today." König chimes in quickly. Ghost looked at him, then back at you, seemingly waiting for your confirmation.

While it would be fun to make him jealous, you are worried that König may lose it based on the look he's giving Ghost now. His hand was still gripping your thigh, moving up just the slightest bit higher. You almost gasped in surprise with the sudden movement, but you covered it up with a cough.

"Yes, sorry. Yes. I'm training with König today." You were trying so hard to keep it together and you knew your face had to be red. Ghost nodded, keeping his eyes on you.

"Alright, Noir. If you change your mind, just let me know. And love...." He stood up, approaching you. He then leaned down, whispering in your ear. "You missed a spot. And, just for the record.. I would leave them places easy to hide. Your lucky lad should take notes." His finger traced the faint outline of a hickey you had troubles fully covering up just above the collar of your top. The turtleneck was a mock length. It didn't cover everything. You were bright red, and Ghost winked at you before walking away.

König glared at him fiercely as he left. Both of you sat there in silence for what felt like forever. His hand still gripping your thigh before König would finally speak. "I'm gonna kill him..." he nurtured to himself. You looked over at König.

"Hey. Take a deep breath. It's ok. Let's just go train, ok? Get some of that anger out of you." You chuckled. You weren't sure why he cared so much. His feelings for you must go deeper than you realize, and you weren't sure how to feel about it. You couldn't deny you were thinking about him a lot, but you were scared of opening up. You didn't want to be vulnerable. You were scared of getting hurt.

König nodded, letting go of your thigh. He took a breath, then stood up. "Come on, let's train. We have a mission coming up soon. I want to make sure you're prepared."

You nodded, finishing your coffee, then standing up. You found yourself liking how possessive he was being, but you were also scared of these feelings. "Sure. I still want to work on hand to hand. Just try not to get distracted." You teased him, remembering last time you trained together.

König chuckled in response. "I'll try my best, y/n." You both walked to the training center, ready for a long day of training and tension. You couldn't wait.