Chapter 28: A Cry for Help

Bakugou found himself alone with Midoriya, his heart heavy with guilt and regret. He stared at Midoriya, his eyes burning with intensity, as he mustered the courage to speak.

"What the hell did Shigaraki do to you, Deku?" Bakugou's voice carried a mixture of anger, frustration, and concern. "You better start talking, damn it! I need to know what he did to you!"

Midoriya's expression remained blank, his eyes devoid of any emotion. But as Bakugou continued to speak, a flicker of recognition sparked in Midoriya's gaze. It was as if a part of him was desperately trying to break free from the chains that held him captive.

Bakugou's voice softened, his fierce demeanor giving way to a genuine sense of remorse. "Listen, Deku... I... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I've done to you, for all the times I belittled you, for my arrogance and my pride. I never realized how much pain I was causing you... until now."

Midoriya's mouth trembled, barely forming the words. "K...Kac...Kacchan..."

Bakugou's breath caught in his throat, his eyes widening in astonishment. He leaned closer, desperate to hear what Midoriya had to say.

Midoriya's voice was barely a whisper, filled with pain and vulnerability. "Kacchan... Help... Me..."

A mix of emotions surged within Bakugou—shock, disbelief, and a glimmer of hope. He reached out, wanting to offer his support, but before he could react, Midoriya's expression twisted in agony. He clutched his head, his body trembling as if in torment.

Bakugou's heart raced with a renewed sense of urgency. He realized that the flicker of Midoriya's true self was fighting against the control that bound him, struggling to break free from the chains of manipulation.

"Deku!" Bakugou's voice was filled with determination. "Hang on! We're going to get you out of this! I won't let you be controlled anymore!"

Midoriya's eyes, now consumed by a fiery red, locked onto Bakugou's gaze. For a brief moment, it was as if their connection pierced through the darkness, reminding Midoriya of the friendship they once shared.

But as quickly as the moment came, it faded away. Midoriya's eyes returned to their lifeless state, and he slumped forward, his body weakened by the internal struggle.

Bakugou clenched his fists, his resolve hardening. He swore to himself that he would do whatever it took to save Midoriya, to break the chains that shackled his friend's spirit.

The journey to rescue Midoriya's true self had become more urgent than ever. With the glimmer of hope they had witnessed, the class and their allies doubled their efforts, seeking ways to strengthen that flicker, to provide the support Midoriya needed to overcome the darkness that plagued him.

For Bakugou, it was a turning point—a realization that his own growth as a hero was intrinsically tied to Midoriya's recovery. With newfound determination, he joined his classmates, their unwavering resolve guiding them forward on the path to redemption and salvation.