Her

I said goodbye to her as she drove off. Once she left I walked all the way back to my car near the main restaurant. She shouldn't need to drive me back. I got in my car and sat there for a while. She's stunning. Everything about her. Her personality, her eyes,  I couldn't believe I got to work with her. I drove off and "Imagine" by John Lennon came on. I love the Beatles.  I drove to my house I was renting for my time in Los Angeles. I didn't have anyone to come home to, after my breakup with my girlfriend of 4 years. She broke up with me mid-auditions for this role. Her only reason was that I "wasn't home enough" going out for all these auditions. I've learnt to accept it and move on from her. Although Walking home to an empty house wasn't the best feeling in the world. 

       I got home and looked at my script and memorized a couple more lines. I also took a first look at my song that was being written for me. It was a desperate cry for Eric, wanting to find Ariel. I was really excited to have my own song in this movie. As I studied the song further, analyzing the lyrics, I realized I could relate to the lyrics in a shocking way. I laughed at myself for a second, because obviously I'm not searching "wild" and "uncharted" waters for a lover.  The person I was searching for is right in front of my eyes, and that's when I realized I liked y/n. Thoughts flooded my mind:

I can't have feelings for her. I only broke up with Ella three months ago. It's too soon.

She has a boyfriend anyway . 

I won't let myself. She's a friend. I just met her. She's a friend. 

I can't. 

I would just have to try and forget about all this and focus on the movie and all the plans. But I decided I would post a instagram post. I posted a photo of us from the end of the lunch. Could it even be called lunch? we met at 4 and ended at around 7.  As I tried to unwind, and get ready for bed, I realized that my mind was solely focused on y/n. I couldn't take my mind off of her. I had too though. I couldn't bear loving someone who was taken. 

I tried to relax, and take my mind off of everything, I turned on the TV and flipped to the news channel. American news was different than British news. American news spoke of protest, argument, politics, and lots more negative things. It really didn't make me feel better. I had been to America lots of times, but the news never gets better. In fact I've been to America enough times I actually got myself a Dual Citizenship, UK-US. I liked America quite a lot, but America just got a lot better knowing that y/n was is in it.

I changed into my pajamas and tried to get to sleep. It had only been 4 days in the United States, and I wasn't quite adjusted to the time change. Still, I was tired from the day and was able to fall asleep. I had quite a vivid dream, of me and y/n. it was strange, for only knowing her two days, but still, it felt like a dream. 

In the morning, I woke up to see the instagram post I had posted had gained lots of likes overnight. I messaged her, and let her know. I also mentioned that I had really liked hanging out with her. In a "friendly" way, of course.  But I couldn't deny it any longer. I wanted her to love me. She was in a relationship, but I didn't care how long I had to wait for her, but I would wait. Soon, she responded to my text. She responded simply, with a "I had fun too! let's do it again."  Well that was something to look forward too.  

I checked my email and I had an email from The Disney Company

To Jonah Hauer-King,

Subject: Updated Training With Dog:

Your Training with Gary (Max) has been moved up to about four weeks away. The dog's trainer would like to start early to better the relationship between you two. This will also benefit with the on screen results. You will begin training earlier than your other cast mates, but this will be beneficial. We already put you on a flight to the training center in London for 3/24. Please plan accordingly and we hope to see you there. Contact me with any questions.

Josh Matthews (Head of Training) 

THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY

That's exciting. I responded quickly and began to plan my schedule around the flight. I figured I should probably see y/n again before I leave.  Sorry scrap that. I had to see y/n again before I leave.  But today I had to go to lunch with an old friend who lived in this area. I had starred alongside her in Little Women when we filmed in 2017. Our lunch was set for 1:30. I couldn't wait to tell her about y/n.

When I arrived at lunch, she was already there waiting for me. We were meeting at a burger restaurant that they didn't have in the UK.

"Oh my gosh hi Jonah!" Maya squealed and threw herself into a hug. It was nice to see her.

"Hi Maya, good to see you too." I replied. We sat down in the restaurant while she interrogated me with questions. 

"Are you excited for the movie?"

"Who is in it with you?"

"Are you liking LA so far this trip?"

"Where is filming for your movie?"

I could barely answer a question before she filled the air with another one. 

"Slow down! Yes, I'm excited for the movie. I can't really say who's in it. I'm loving LA this trip. Filming for the movie is in London and we are also going to a place in Italy to film. Have I answered enough questions now?" I said as I let out a chuckle. She laughed too before opening her mouth once more. 

"One last question. I know you broke up with Ella only a little bit ago, but...is there anyone your currently liking??"

I knew she would ask that. But I've known her forever and was ready to answer.

"Well.. yes actually. She's amazing Maya. She's such a kind person. I barely know her and I already love her, and honestly I don't know what to do. She's taken."

"She's Ariel isn't she?"

"How did you know?" That answer shocked me. 

"Well, you said you barely knew her and I'm assuming you just met the cast" She's good. Really good. I guess that's why she's one of my closest friends. 

"Your right. But you can't tell anyone ok? But yea definitely she's amazing. I've known her less than a week and I can't believe I'm in love with her but I..am." I confessed.

"Jonah, less than a week? That's fast. There's no way your like IN LOVE with her. And even if you are, I don't want you to focus on her when you know she's taken. What are you going to do? Steal her? no." She responded.

"Wow Maya, that was harsh but, thanks for the reality check?" I said. Was she right? Am I out of my mind?  What is this breakup doing to me? The realization that the recent breakup, and the longing for someone might be responsible for this fast love hit me hard. I felt like I kept making up reasons why I can't love her. But still, I'm excited to see her again.