XII: Blue Lock

"So, what are they like? Blue Lock I mean." [Name] asked out of curiosity as he adjusted his feet from where he sat. A curious look was displayed on his face as he eyed Sae and who sat idly on the passenger seat of the car for once. "Are they any good?"

Although he had watched the match between Blue Lock and Japan's U-20 team on a loop due to his Sae withdrawals, he wanted to hear the opinion of someone who went against the so-called 'Egoists'.

And he may or may not want to hear about that touchy blonde with pink highlights playing beside him after the match's halftime...

"They're nothing but lukewarm." Despite already expecting the answer, the simple response still caused him and his manager, Marco, to sweatdrop. "There's nothing noteworthy about those second-rate players," Sae added before remembering a determined striker with blue eyes. "Although..." He mumbled.

"Oh?" [Name] leaned in closer to Sae's seat as he looked at the redhead teasingly. "Is that hesitation I hear? So they did impress you!" The blonde laughed before receiving a flick to his forehead.

"Ow!" He whined more out of the suddenness rather than the pain. A pout appeared on his lips causing the midfielder to sigh and roll his eyes. 

"You're too loud," Sae grumbled as he turned to look outside his window once more. The road to Blue Lock had been surrounded with nothing but trees allowing no spectacular scenery to be seen but it was better than having to confront the look [Name] was sending him at this moment.

"Boo, how boring." [Name] mumbled as he sat back properly in his seat with crossed arms. Despite the disheartened tone in his voice, he wasn't all that sad seeing as how he had already expected this response from Sae.

Not knowing this though, a frown tugged on the corner of Sae's lips when the other gave up easily and didn't bother asking him any more questions like he usually did

Not knowing this though, a frown tugged on the corner of Sae's lips when the other gave up easily and didn't bother asking him any more questions like he usually did. Was he being too mean? 

Looking towards his manager that was driving the car they were in, he silently asked for some help only to receive a silent shrug causing him to silently sulk in his seat.

"Don't worry," Marco whispered in [Name]'s direction after a moment of silence. The striker in the car turned to his manager with a curious look only to be greeted with a calming smile. "We're almost there so I'm sure you can see for yourself what type of players they are."

Hearing this, [Name] immediately turned to look outside only to see the giant building where the Blue Lock project was taking place in. An excited smile appeared on his lips at the sight as he itched to finally be let out of this car.

They've been traveling for god knows how long and while he usually didn't mind that, he forgot to pack his earphones so he's been sitting in the back with nothing but silence and his own thoughts. The fact that all he could look at were trees didn't help the situation either.