XVIII: Hard work vs. Natural Talent

While the goal wasn't anything too spectacular, [Name] still felt a hint of pride at scoring the first point in the match. It's something akin to setting the favor to your team hence why he aims to score the first goal in a match or at least make sure that someone else in his team does that.

Unlike other strikers, [Name] prefers the slow game of taking the goals that are the most crucial to the enemy team's morale compared to just scoring as much as he could. Gathering multiple points is good and all, but it's more fun watching how a player's face crumbles after seeing how hopeless they are against him.

"I scored-" [Name] instinctively turned to look beside him with a smile on his face. Sae was usually beside him most of the time during a match so he sort of just expected the other to already be beside him.

Unfortunately, he sort of forgot that they were separated in this match causing him to deflate slightly. His eyes searched for the midfielder only to catch sight of him ruffling the head of the so-called 'heart' of Blue Lock.

 His eyes searched for the midfielder only to catch sight of him ruffling the head of the so-called 'heart' of Blue Lock

"Nice try."

He could faintly hear Sae whisper in Isagi's direction as he offered a tiny smile. Sae smiling wasn't anything unusual to [Name] but to see him do so for someone else caused an indescribable look to appear in his eyes.

"Nice goal!" A weight suddenly pressed itself on his back causing [Name] to stagger a few steps forward in front of him.

"Chigiri!" [Name] chuckled lightly as he looked behind him to see the person who slung an arm over his shoulders. "Geez, don't just suddenly jump on people."

"I can't exactly help ut. I forgot how fun it was playing with you." The redhead removed himself from the blonde but remained closely glued by his side. "Like seriously, what the hell was that shot?"

"What do you mean? What's wrong with it?" [Name] tilts his head to the side in confusion, not knowing what Chigiri is implying about his goal. It was how he usually did it and so far, there's been nothing wrong with it.

"It was-"

"That goal was super cool!" Reo finished for him as he slowly made his way over with a surprisingly awake Nagi. The usually lazy man held a child-like interest in his eyes despite the usual bored expression on his face. "How the hell did you manage to get it to go in so smoothly?"

"Lots of practice...?" [Name] offered uncertainly, a small sweatdrop on his forehead as he avoided eye contact.

"I mean, I get that, it's only natural, but surely there must be some technique to it. There always is." Reo stated as he crossed his arms. "I get it if you don't want to reveal your secrets though." He adds in suddenly, not wanting to seem too pushy about this matter. He truly was just curious.

"Even if he told us, I doubt we'd manage to replicate it perfectly." Chigiri said before side-eyeing Reo and Nagi. "As good as that copying ability of yours is Reo, the original really can't be copied exactly."