XV: Manshine City

The first one to wake up in the Manshine stratum was none other than [Name] himself as he made an area for himself in the training room. Considering his strict schedule during his earlier years in Spain, waking up at such an early hour became an unchangeable habit for him.

The indoor gym inside Blue Lock was eerily silent when you were by yourself but [Name] liked that sense of peace and tranquility. It gave him time to let loose, to let his mind go wild without the fear of anyone watching him.

Only his shallow breaths and huffs could be heard in the corner he had situated himself in while he meditated and did some yoga. His body felt refreshed and his mind felt calm in this moment of solitude.

That was how the members of Manshine City found him when the players started to trickle inside the training room to start their daily schedule. As soon as they did though, multiple pairs of eyes were immediately drawn to his figure and he couldn't help but feel a bit uncomfortable by it.

Sure, he'd gotten used to people watching him during his matches or live interviews but morning workouts had always been time for himself. For it to be intruded upon by strangers after years of his teammates respecting his space made him uncomfortable.

But who was he to complain? These people didn't know anything about him, about his likes, dislikes, what he finds comfortable, and what he absolutely hates. He needed to get to know them first in order to work with the team during his stay at Blue Lock.

Taking a deep breath, he was about to greet them when suddenly a figure walked in front of him and shielded his body from the watchful eyes. 

"Hyoma..." [Name] found himself mumbling as he looked up at the other from where he was sitting and stretching earlier. "You..."

"You don't like being watched, you get uncomfortable because it feels as if everyone's waiting for you make a mistake." Chigiri mumbled loud enough just for him to hear. His eyes were still trained on the original members of the foreign team as if silently telling them to mind their own business. "I remember you saying that once when we did our weekly call, remember?"

[Name]'s eyes seemed to widen slightly at the words as he felt himself taken aback by the words. He remembers that?

He can vaguely recall himself telling Chigiri that fact a long time ago when he was ranting about practices in Spain but he didn't think the other would actually remember words he randomly spouted out of frustration.

Something warm seemed to tug within him as a melodious laugh spilled out of his lips. His expression then turned into something soft with a small smile playing on his lips.

 His expression then turned into something soft with a small smile playing on his lips

"Thanks."

Chigiri's heartbeat seemed to pulse loudly within his ears at the soft expression on the other's face. It looked so genuine, so vulnerable, something he's never seen before.