Chapter Thirteen:- Heart Or Ashes?

"Tune uss Ayushman ki conditions ko agree kiya tha?"

(Did you agree with Ayushman's conditions?)

"Tu- tujhe kese-" I was in an utter shock, before I could process the thought my mouth automatically started rambling on its own without my acknowledgement.

(How did you-)

"Because he was my last date" Roop said, connecting all the dots it all made sense now.

"Ayushman is that khadoos you were talking about earlier?" I was astonished by the fact and cursed the my fate, how small world am I born in. Roop nodded still throwing dragger at ayushman who was standing far away from our reach.

(Rude)

"The same Khadoos you got married with, how can you?" She muttered making me sigh as I ran my through my hairs as a tired sigh escaped my mouth.

"Why are you so much into ruin your life. He is just so determine to not move on. When I heard you are getting married I thought you are trying to move on, get out of the whole you are in and here you are just digging yourself deeper and deeper. Why? I know what you have gone through I completely get it, but atleast try." She completed, her eyes held concern filled with worries.

"Samriddhi I am not telling you to forget your past, but atleast not live with it. I have seen you mourning on it for fucking 7 years of your life. He took away your 7 years already, please don't drag it more further. He is gone away from your life, not everyone is like him. Looking at Ayushman I know he too have some sad past he don't want to move on from, but giving it a try won't hurt" I listened her each and every word clearly but what she knows is not even the half of my past, no one does except me. Its buried deep inside. She was right about my biological father, he is gone far away from our lives, but before I give myself a chance I want to clear my past I want that one person to wash out of my life like he never existed. But now my heart is completely broken into tiny pieces and then they were further burnt turning into ashes. I don't have a heart now, just ashes. How can someone turn those ashes back into a heart. What's more funny is now that I have a shield for that ashes as well.

I don't want Roop to worry about me, she is a person who would take unnecessary stress, I could see her eyes filled with tears threatening to fall further, Her eyebrows crashed together making the lines over her forehead visible, her lips twitching rapidly and her hands shivering as the cold wind blew across our faces.

Holding her hands in a tight fist, I proceeded taking my steps further, my arms encircled around her shoulders pulling her in a warm her and in no time I felt a arm encircled around my waist.