Chapter Thirty: Used

Vote target: 1.5k
...

I closed the door behind me, lying to my wife is a difficult task, especially leaving her when you know she needs you but still I have to leave her to find out the truth

The heavy weight over my chest will only lessen when I truthfully know about her. I cannot see her having more miseries. 

I walked out of the corridor, strolling to Janvi’s room. I knocked on the door but heard no answer. 

Gently twisting the knob I peeped inside only to see her laying on the bed with books scattered around her. 

Walking inside I got closer to her body and sat on the edge of her bed. I collected the books and drawing pads that she had over her bed. 

Gathering the pile of books and kept it over her study desk which was more scattered with multiple pencils, colours, paints, sketches and whatnot. 

I cleaned the mess first by putting all the stuff in the respective place and then looked at the clock, 4.30 am. I should wake her up now. 

Going to her bed I gently tucked her tangled hair behind her ears. I shook my head seeing her drooling in her sleep. Taking the handkerchief I carefully wiped her mouth and then shook her. 

“Janvi, wake up.” I patted her cheeks but the only response I got was her pushing my hand off her and turning around digging her face into the pillow next to her. 

“Princess, get up. You have to study” I held her shoulder, shaking her body, as I saw her scrunching her nose and she hugged the pillow as if her life depended on it.

“Ohh, You here bhai?” I turned around to see Aarav coming inside the room rubbing his eyes while yawning. 

“Yeah, but what are you doing here?” I asked to which he walked to us and lay beside Janvi, getting in her blanket. 

“To wake Janvi” he shrugged his shoulders, shaking Janvi to wake her up. I sighed. “Did you come to wake her up or join her to sleep beside?” He hissed whining at my statement. 

Aree uth ja chudail, exam hai tere” He ignored me, yelling in Janvi’s ear to which her whole body got up with a jolt. “What the fu- Chor!” She yelled back in shock. 

(Wake up, Witch, you have exams)

(thief!)

Chor nai, Tera Handsome Bhai hai chal abh uthja,” Aarav said in his usual self-obsessed way. 

(There’s No thief, it's your handsome brother now get up) 

I saw Janvi glaring at Aarav who laid back down pulling the covers over himself. 

Handsome? Shakal dekhi hai aapni? Koi kutta bhi na ghaas dale aapko! Langoor kahike” She scrunched her face hitting Aarav with a pillow as she got up.