Chapter Fifteen:- Crushed.

She is our Bua!

She is our Bua!

Aarav said with a small face, I don't understand what the problem is yet.

"So?" I asked now being curious to know more about the new family member.

And just when I uttered that, mumma and Chachiji took me to a separate room with Janvi and Kavya following behind. A frown formed on my face seeing their weird behaviour.

"There are a few things we need to prepare before Jiji comes," Chachiji said sitting on the bed that was present in the room.

"Yea, first thing samriddhi I want you to wear some heavy saree tomorrow, Jiji is very strict and I don't want her to mock on small things about it. The same goes for Kavya, Janvi for you I bought something last week so wear that. Okay?" mumma completed and took a heavy breath. "Shalini, come and help me select a saree for me and then later on with jewellery, oh jewellery yes! Samriddhi wear the jewellery that I gave you on your engagement and Kavya you can wear that diamond set that Ayush gifted you on your birthday," she further continued making me more confused.

"But taiji that's too heavy to wear, I can't even breathe in all those" Kavya whined while I stood there not knowing what to do all confused. "Do you want to listen to Jiji's taunts all day?" Chachiji glared at Kavya who just pouted in defeat.

"Mumma? Why do we have to do all these? Is there going to be any function-" I asked but was cut off when Chachiji said. "no dear, but we have to do all this because Jiji is kind of old fashion" She said when Janvi cleared her throat "Okay, a lot old fashion. She still believes that married girls should wear heavy pieces of jewellery and sarees, and stay like a bride for at least a year. She is religious so we all have to wake up by 4 in the morning and start our day with prayers." she completed sighing a little and making a little shock.

"But I am no bride why do I have to wear clothes according to her." Janvi folded her hands with an angry look on her face looking away. "It's just a suit beta," Mumma said as Janvi shook her head in denial. "I don't like them," She said stubbornly, "then what do you want to wear baccha?" Kavya asked as I sensed what she might want "Do you want to try my collection?" I asked and looked at her eyes glistening with spark making me chuckle a bit. I remember clearly how she expressed her thoughts on my clothes and how she likes my dressing sense, knowing she wanted to try some of my outfits. Janvi nodded instantly.

"But why is she like that I don't understand" I could hear Aarav complaining as he came into the room and sat on the bed beside Chachiji. "Maybe because she married into a royal family and is now following that norms and culture she thinks it's right and should be done that way," Chachji explained as now I understood why she would be like that.

We discussed a few more things here and there. Preparing for the guest's arrival tomorrow.

Slowly we all departed to our room, a heavy breath left my mouth as I entered his room with Janvi by my side, I looked around the room to see it have a basic interior of light grey just like his eyes. Not the exactly same as what was back in the haveli but the colour of the interior was the same. The room consists of a small couch and a table in front of it. A King size white colour bed and a sliding balcony that had a whole view of the backyard. A coffee table and a single swing were present on the balcony as well. On the side, there was an armchair that was looking quite comfortable and cosy.