Unhappy frown

I look down at the watch on my wrist and see that it's 7 pm.

"We best get going, the party starts in 30 minutes," I say, sighing and rolling my eyes.

Although I'd convinced Tweek to go to this party, I don't want to go, as my dad said I've never been a party person but something felt different this time like I had to go.

I'd probably go to more parties if they were like the ones in movies, but they never are.

Annie Nelson had a party a year ago, to celebrate God knows what.

Unfortunately, my friends dragged me along and I had to stand in the corner as they flirted with girls.

It was even worse because that was a Tolkien and Nichole breakup period so my entire group got weird looks the entire night.

And again, If parties were like the ones in movies they wouldn't be so horrible to sit through.

We get supervised by the parents and have to drink watered-down orange juice as some songs for 4-year-olds play.

I'm not a drinker at all, but in those moments all I want is vodka.

I've never even drunk the stuff.

But in those moments I need it like Cartman needs his kfc.

This party will most likely be no different.

Tweek really has nothing to fear.

"I'm still not sure about going." Tweek says as he emerges from the closet.

I look up at him and admire his clothes.

He's wearing a long dark green jumper with one coffee stain on his left sleeve and baggy blue jeans.

I look down at my clothes.

A black turtleneck and black cargo pants.

I hum and look back up at him.

"I feel slightly overdressed," I pull an unsure look at Tweek as I go bright red.

How embarrassing, I look so weird in comparison to him.

I get pulled out of thought as I feel someone grab my hand.

"You look really good man, the turtleneck compliments your hair and body," Tweek says whilst looking at my torso, his face as though he has many thoughts.

I feel myself getting hot.

Tweek starts to move his hands from my hands to down my arms.

"Craig, your dad is outside waiting to drive you two, to this party! Come on boys!" My mom shouts from downstairs, pulling Tweek out of his trance.

He pulls a forced smile as he pulls away and clears his throat.

"Let's go, dude!" Tweek mumbles, his head slightly twitching as he finishes his sentence.

I clear my throat and stand up.

"Yes, good idea." I nod at him quickly, avoiding his eyes.

I start to race downstairs with Tweek trailing behind.

I put on my black Converses, the laces already pre-tied.

Tweek shoves his boots on quickly but shakily.

"You two look so handsome!" My mom squeals, smiling at us both.

"Thanks, mama! I'll see you later." I shout, rushing out of the door.

Tweek slows down behind me and turns around to my mom.

"Thank you for letting me stay the night! You have a lovely house and I really enjoyed the homemade burgers." Tweek smiles and slightly bows at her before turning around and bolting to my dad's car.