Chapter 4: The Reigniting Spark

Nakazawa Household
Tomoya POV
Today was like any other day right now. But the only difference was it was a weekend day.

Oh yeah. And I learned more about Issei's trial.

Apparently the original intention was to have him serve 8 years in prison before his execution. But it was moved up much more earlier because the method is Sacred Gear Removal. And when I mean earlier, I mean it's probably gonna be within the month.

Issei connected with that so much. Yeah he's gonna die pretty quick.

I decided to take up on some reading. Mainly because I needed to study for exams. End of the year was coming, and so was graduation.

Oh wait. Yeah...Graduation...

Rias...

Wait.

How did she even move in here? Why have I not asked her that on the first day?

To my luck, Rias just happened to walk in here. She had a book in her hand. Guess she's either about to read or finished reading. But asking her shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Tomoya: Hey Rias.

Rias: Hm? Yeah, what is it?

Tomoya: How did you manage to move in here?

Rias: Hm?

Why is she just tilting her head?

Rias: I just told your parents on what happened and gave them my plan. They thought it's a great idea because of how close of friends we are.

Tomoya: Well thanks for the honesty...

Rias: Why are you so mumbling about that?

Tomoya: Oh it's nothing. Just thought I'd ask after you've been here for a month and a half.

Rias: Ah?...So it's been that long. Huh?

Tomoya: Guess so.

Rias POV
Nothing.

Even after nearly a month and a half, I've failed to have gotten Tomoya to give me a true smile or even tell me he wants to live again.

This may take much longer than I imagine.

But I'm not gonna be the type of girl who quits that easily!

Major Timeskip
Six Months Later
3rd Person POV
For the next couple months, Rias would stick around and stay living with Tomoya. Whether it was at school or at home or even on a devil pact or stray devil hunt, the two were just completely inseparable. It was the kind that was enough to make Akeno jealous.

But Tomoya still never had a true smile during that time. However, the two got more and more closer. He kept cutting himself. But as the time went by, the amount of cuts lowered.

However, as the days went by, Gasper did not speak with Koneko, which started a sort of drift and separation between them. As if cracks were starting to form.

And Issei Hyoudou was executed, by the loss of the Boosted Gear. His body was then destroyed by Sirzechs. But Masumi ended up getting herself sentenced to three years in prison for one count of defamation, one count of falsifying an accusation and one count of conspiracy all in which was on a plea deal due to her pregnancy.

Not only that, graduation happened:

Rias, Akeno, Sona Sitri and Tsubaki Shinra were now in college.

Kiba was named the new Vice President of the Occult Research Club by Akeno. And Asia was selected by Rias as the new President of the Occult Research Club.