Chapter 5: Realization

Occult Research Club
3rd Person POV
Asia and Kiba were both seen working on some papers. But Asia seemed a little tired.

Kiba: Asia. Are you alright?

Asia: Hm? Yeah. I'm okay Kiba.

Kiba: You know, I can finish up the papers if you'd like.

Asia: Kiba, you don't have to-

Kiba: Please Asia. I insist.

Asia: Hmm...oookay. Only do you insist. Alright?

Kiba: No worries at all here.

Asia: Okay then.

Asia got up and left, yawning on her way out. Kiba began to finish up the paperwork on the desk. Soon, after Koneko showed up and sat down at the couches. She still wore a very saddened expression.

Kiba: Koneko? I see you're still in that mood.

Koneko:...Ever since Issei's arrest, Gasper never talked to me. He's always been hanging out with Valerie ever since she returned to him. Now that they're dating...I'm more...upset...

Kiba only sat and listened as two tears fell from Koneko's eyes and hit her thighs. Kiba then sighed somewhat loudly.

Kiba: Well...it didn't help that Gasper was in love with you before you threw yourself at Issei.

Koneko: What?

Kiba: Mm!

Kiba's Mind: (Shit. I just realized what I said!)

Kiba turned to see Koneko stopping her water work and staring at Kiba with a completely stunned and appalled reaction.

Kiba: Whoops.

Koneko: Is that true?

Kiba: Sorry. I think you heard it wro-

Koneko stood up immediately.

Koneko: Tell me Kiba! You already said it the first time. Don't avoid me! Is that true?!

Kiba looked at Koneko and then sighed, putting his hand on the back of his neck.

Kiba: Yeah. It's true.

Koneko:...I see.

Koneko stood still for a moment before running out of the room. Kiba reached his arm out for her but he didn't run with her. He turned to the pile of papers and sighed again.

Kiba: Sorry Gasper, but I can't let Asia down. But at the same time, your situation wasn't gonna be avoidable for long. So you have to clean your mess bud.

Kiba went back to work on the papers.

Meanwhile
Gasper was seen with his arm around Valerie Tepes, his childhood friend and currently his first girlfriend.

Valerie: It's a nice day out. Isn't it?

Gasper: Yeah.

Koneko: Gasper!

Gasper jumped and turned to see Koneko running at him. He tried to move away but Koneko cornered him.

Gasper: What do you want from me?!

Koneko: Kiba told me.

Kiba shouted loudly in the background, but it sounded quiet.

Kiba: SORRY!

Gasper looked away from Koneko and sighed.

Gasper: Great.

Koneko: Gaspy...why didn't you tell me?