2. On Their Way! Slowly

The elevator ride was mostly silent until someone's stomach growled.

"I'm so hungry." Kaveh whined.

Alhaitham shot him a glare, wanting to go on about how 'Of course you're hungry, because you always forget to eat proper meals and even when you DO remember to eat, it's random junk that provides no substance and just leaves you more tired than before' but keeping his mouth shut so he doesn't make a fool out of himself again. 

While it's normal for him to be a man of few words, the reasons for staying quiet are different in his day-to-day life. Whereas on a normal day, he finds no need to say anything because he just doesn't want to; right now he doesn't want to say anything in fear of embarrassment.

I mean, how much worse can this situation get?

These clothes don't fit right and the texture is just god awful, everything seems brighter and louder, and he has all these strange swirling emotions in his stomach that make it feel like one wrong move and he'll have a meltdown. He can't even wear his earpieces because they're too big now. 

It's all a mess and he shouldn't stayed in his office. None of this would've happened if he just kept his ass in his office chair doing his job.

Breathe, Alhaitham breathe, no use working yourself up over it right now. 

He was snapped out of his thoughts when the elevator doors slid open, making an awful grinding sound as they did so.

Mental note: get that the fuck fixed. He thought to himself as he quickly covered his ears with his hands and followed the rest of the group.

"Alhaitham? Hey, Alhaitham are you even listening?!" Kaveh demanded, to which Alhaitham just deepened his earlier glare. Apparently, the other three were having a conversation during the elevator ride.

"You sure you s'ill got your 'dult b'ain in dere??" Cyno asked, momentarily cringing as his poor enunciation. 

"Yes-jus-shh." Alhaitham insisted. He wants to go home.

"I'm not even being that loud, jeez." Kaveh pointed out.

Tighnari sighed, "Just leave him alone right now. What do we want to have for dinner?" He decided to change the subject.

Kaveh immediately perked up again, "Soup! I never getta have good homemade soup!"

"I like soup," Cyno agreed.

"NO!" Alhaitham yelled before thinking, making the whole House of Daena look in his direction. 

Tighnari looked down in surprise. He doesn't think he's ever heard Alhaitham raise his voice before. 

While this library was usually always quiet, it now carried a heavy air of awkwardness as students and professors alike turned to see whatever small child just yelled in here.. So Tighnari started to more quickly usher the three boys out. 

"I can make them soup and make you your own dish if you'd like." He suggested, wanting to calm the situation before it spiraled. 

The scribe huffed, face red, and nodded.

"Perfect, now what sort of ingredients do you have in your home, Alhaitham?" Tighnari wondered.

"Defin'ly nothing to make soup, that's for sure." Kaveh said.

"Then we may need to make a stop at the market."

"Ugh but it's still raining!" Kaveh groaned as Tighnari pushed open the Akademiya door. 

"I'm sure Nari can a-rain-ge a solution." Cyno stated, crossing his arms proudly. 

The rest of the group just ignored him, "We can handle bein' in a house on our own for jus' a little bit." Kaveh suggested, rolling his eyes.