Chapter 9: Sweet memories

Here I am trying to read when I felt two holes forming into my back.

"What is it? Can't sleep either?" I asked the little duck. He simply clapped his hands and patted his bed. Sighing I jumped out of my cage and looked into his. "What hungry thirsty?" The duckling shook his head and once again patted his bed.

"Oh alright, how can I say no." I climbed over the cage and jumped into it avoiding the duck.

"Alright for a bit you need your sleep ducky." The duck in question climbed into my lap and laid down. "Wait how am I supposed to-" Looking down I see the duck sleeping soundly. I lay against the cage walls. 'Looks like I am staying here tonight.'

~~~~

'I can't feel my legs.' I have been sitting in this uncomfortable cage with a heavy duck on both my legs.

"Look it was cute at first but man you gotta move."

Carefully I try to move the cute duckling to only stop when he moves. "Fine, you win but only because you're a cute baby." I huffed attempting to get comfortable.

Grabbing my book, that I didn't steal, I continue where I left out "ninja tactics."

~~~~
Nao's (Yoki's dad's) POV:

"Hey um dad can I ask you something?" My sweet daughter asked, holding the bunny she got long ago. 'I should get her more bunny toys.'

"Yes love, do you want something?"

"Well I was um wondering if we could go to the library." She said looking at the floor.

'Oh my goodness oh my it is happening my little girl wants to go out with her wonderful daddy! Stay calm or I will scare her. Haha I win eat that Ruka!'

"Of course love lets get you ready." I said, trying to hide my smile. My little girl looked down at her outfit and back at me. "Is my outfit no good?" Yoki had a simple white dress on and little black shoes.

'Of course it is! you look good in anything.'I just want us to match!' Is what I would've said but instead: "No it is not, come let me get your outfit." She followed behind me closely as I walked into her room. 'How exciting our first father daughter day out! Ruka is going to be jealous.'

While she look's around the room I go into her walk-in-closet. Panic sets in as I throw clothes around. 'This is bad nothing is good enough! I must find the perfect look for my baby.'

"Dad are you ok?" A little voice comes from the shut door. "Yes one moment."

Looking around my room I spot it. A white long sleeve shirt paired with a blue skirt. To tie it together a golden bow with the clans symbol on it.  'Yes this is it and I got just the perfect outfit to go with it!'

~~~~

My daughter in tow we walk out the door. The clans people all looked to the walkway hearing the door. Yoki moved behind me feeling the eyes on her.

"Let's go now love." I pull her closer to me wanting to show her to the clan. She will soon start her training to become a lady, so I want her to have full support from the clan.

Whispers filled my ears as we walk closer to the gates.

"They look so cute together!"

                                    "Lady Yoki is too precious."

"She is growing up to fast!"

"We should have a child."

A smile found its way to my face as we make our way down. I have no doubt that the clan will help Yoki, and that Yoki will grow to be a strong woman. There will be many bumps in her journey but I will always be there for her.