Welcome To Jurassic Park

(Play the music up top)

Isla Nublar

A cheery tune plays as an InGen helicopter is seen flying to the island. Hammond, Gennaro, Sattler, and Grant sit in the back, with a new arrival: Ian Malcolm, a seemingly laid-back mathematician/ chaotician.

Ian Malcolm: So you two, um, uh dig up- dig up dinosaurs?

Ellie Sattler: (chuckles) Well...

Alan Grant: We try to.

Malcolm laughs heartedly, grinning and chewing a piece of gum.

John Hammond: You'll have to get used to Dr. Malcolm. He suffers from a deplorable excess of personality, especially for a mathematician.

Ian Malcolm: Chaotician! Chaotician, actually. John doesn't subscribe to chaos, particularly what I had to say about his little science project.

John Hammond: Codswallup Ian, you've never been able to sufficiently explain your concerns --

Ian Malcolm: Oh, ho, John, John, because of the behavioural system in phase space?

John Hammond: A load if I may say so, of fashionable number crunching -- [Malcolm grabs Hammond's knee, surprising him, he slaps Malcolm's hand away] Don't, dont! I do wish you wouldn't do that.

Ian Malcolm: Dr. Sattler, Dr. Grant, You've heard of chaos theory?

Ellie Sattler: No.

Ian Malcolm: No? Non-linear equations? Strange attractors? Dr. Sattler, I-I refuse to believe that you aren't familiar with the concept of attraction.

Sattler turns away, smiling.

John Hammond: Hm! [To Gennaro] I bring the scientists, you bring a rock star.

Donald Gennaro: Uh...

John Hammond: There it is!

Camera shows the helicopter flying towards the subtropical island. The helicopter begins landing

John Hammond: Bad wind sheers. We have to drop pretty fast, so hold on. Cause it can get just a little bumpy -- (the helicopter jolts up and down for a minute) Yahoo! (laughs)

The passengers buckle up. Gennaro with shaky fingers, Malcolm smooth and quickly, Grant ends up grabbing two "female" pieces, which aren't meant to click together.

John Hammond: Dr. Grant, you need that piece over here, and that piece... look, we will have landed by the time you get it right! Come along!

Grant just settles for tying the two pieces together as a makeshift seat belt. He gives Sattler a smirk, then braces himself for the landing. Malcolm grins, still chewing gum. The helicopter continues to descend, soon coming to a stop on the helipad waiting below. John Hammond is the first to exit the helicopter, smiling proudly at his creation. As the others disembark, two jeeps pull up, waiting to take them to their destination. Soon enough, they're all in the jeeps and driving off as the helicopter flies back into the sky. In the rear jeep, Gennaro and Hammond are talking.

Donald Gennaro: So, the fifty miles of perimeter fence are in place?

John Hammond: And the concrete moats, and the motion sensor tracking systems. Donald, dear boy, relax. Try and enjoy yourself.

Donald Gennaro: Let's get something straight, John. This is not a weekend excursion. This is a serious investigation into the stability of the island. Your investors, whom I represent, are deeply concerned. In forty-eight hours, if they're not convinced, I'm not convinced. I'll shut you down, John.