The Spinosaurus

The group continues their relentless pace, putting as much distance as they can between themselves and the beast. Paul Kirby looks like he's about to have a heart attack. Even Billy is gasping for air. They stop, thinking they've outrun it. Grant directs the group through some underbrush. Our friends stop dead in their tracks. Amanda stifles a cry. Before them lies an immense unmoving Sauropod.

Grant: Don't worry. It's dead.

Then a full-grown bull Tyrannosaurus rises up behind the carcass. It was feeding, its mouth mottled with blood and carrion.

Grant and (Y/N) freezes.

Grant and (Y/N): Nobody move a muscle.

Obeying, the group freezes for a few long beats. Then Udesky takes off running. And T-Rex roars. Everyone runs. T-Rex is right behind them. Dashing back the way they came, the group suddenly comes face to face with the first monster. We now get our first full unobstructed view of the gigantic creature, Spinosaurus aegypticus. Over forty feet long and twenty-five feet high, the dinosaur has a bony sail along its back. Its head is crocodilian with rows of long, curving teeth. Sinewy six foot arms terminate in three fingers hands with fourteen inch claws. Nowhere else to run, the group scatters into the brush as the two behemoth predators rush forward, their roars thunderous. Paul and Amanda scramble into one direction, Billy and Udesky in the other, and (Y/N) in another. But Grant can't go anywhere, his foot is stuck between two branches. He manages to free himself as the two dinosaurs approach. They'll have to deal with each other before eating the humans. Grant dives down between two fallen trees as the Spinosaurus and T-Rex circle one another like gladiators, each searching for the other's weakness. Laying flat on his back, Grant lets out a terrified gasp as the giant foot of Spinosaurus lands across the two trunks mere inches from his face. Spinosaurus lunges forward, powerful jaw open wide. T-Rex sidesteps the assault, its tail knocking down small trees as it spins out of the way. In the tress, Paul and Amanda scurry again for cover. Between the fallen trunks, Grant attempts to get away on his hands and knees. T-Rex presses the attack, slamming its tail into the flank of its adversary. Spinosaurus is knocked back, and Grant is again forced to duck for cover. As Spinosaurus struggles to regain its balance, T-Rex dives forward. Spinosaurus is driven backwards as T-Rex tries to grip its throat. Amanda yanks Paul out of their path. They Scramble over to Billy. Now on its side, Spinosaurus fights back ferociously. It slashes at T-Rex with its long arms and razor sharp claws, then finally kicks the animal with one mammoth foot. Tyrannosaurus staggers back, wounded. Down below, Grant is splashed by the blood pouring from the dinosaur, as he slowly makes his way towards his fellow humans. With (Y/N) he is hiding behind a tree as he watches the fight, while doing so he saw where Grant was as he gasp. Spinosaurus lunges for the T-rex with gaping jaws and manages to topple T-Rex off its feet and sends the falling dinosaur to the ground. With an earth-shuttering crash, the dinosaur lands between Grant and the rest of the group. The companions scurry out of the way, but as they do so, the head of the T-Rex now lands almost directly on top of them. Plastered against an immense tree, the group watches in horror as T-Rex starts to rise but is thrown back down as Spinosaurus latches onto its throat. Spinosaurus crushes the life out of its adversary, and T-Rex opens and closes its jaw a mere inches from our terrified friends. Finally, Grant reaches the others as (Y/N) helped him up.

Grant: Come on!

Spinosaurus lets out a victorious howl, and the blood-drenched professor leads the group through the undergrowth. Winded from running, Paul is caught off-guard as a furious Grant slams his back against a tree, but before hitting the tree (Y/N) hits him in the back of the head. Grant only has one thing he wants to know.

Grant: Why did you bring us here?

Paul is too startled to speak. Udesky tires to step in, but Grant gives him back a look.