Chapter Twenty Nine

6 months later

"I'm so jealous both of you got to have a fancy dinner at a romantic place with both handsome men! It is like a dream!" Amy said dreamily through the video call with her twinkling dark brown eyes beneath her glasses.

"You'll probably be in love with Zach even more when he grows older," Giselle joked since Zach resembled his uncle, Luke, a lot more than his father. She chuckled along with Drew at her best friend's blushing face through the phone while using the perm rod to set the lock of Drew's dark hair into a wavy style.

"I'm pretty sure some of the people will be low key hoping the four of you could switch partners as the date. Look at both of you! Stunning." Amy said while looking at her best friends' nice sundresses.

Giselle did her own makeup and hairdo, and she was setting Drew's hair, who hadn't shown her face on the screen yet since Giselle insisted to show her as a surprise to Amy after she finished the hairdo.

"Okay, I might need to add in about this one. I'm pretty sure that Benson from High School would crawl all the way there and look for his 'Yun Min' dressed up like that." Amy said with a giggle with her joke, and she admitted that the girls' dress up was nice for her, even though she could only see Drew's upper body since her hairstyle was still a surprise. She had never seen Drew dress in that way since most of the time the taller girl would wear suits and shirts instead of dresses.

"Not a chance for him," Giselle said with a grin while she carefully put down the perm rod on the desk, she put her hands on Drew's shoulders gingerly turned her to face Amy, and said proudly, "I won't waste my effort for letting anyone get Min away!"

"Oh my god, Drew! You look so pretty!" Amy said with her jaw that dropped to her work desk. Drew's face had light makeup, and she was wearing contact lenses instead of glasses. Drew waved her off with an uncontained grin on her shy face after such a nice compliment from her best friend.

"Quit that, Amy. I'm not used to getting compliments like that from you. It's all from Maylee's fantastic skill with makeup," Drew played it cool with a smirk.

"I'll need to keep her safe from everyone out there later!" Giselle mocked a wariness with a gasp and caused everyone to laugh especially Drew's laughter was louder since she always thought Giselle was adorable when she was making fun.

The girls eventually ended the call. Giselle and Drew felt so happy after a nice gossip session with Amy after such a long time, since the time zone difference and work made things harder. However, Amy wanted to call them since it was an urgent call and the girls were lucky that they were still free, since they were still getting ready for dinner with their bosses.

Amy wanted to share the news that Tom got arrested by the policemen at the office, and she was eager to share this piece of news with her best friends. The three of them seemed relieved that a bad guy like Tom wouldn't go out in society any time soon to find more victims.

Amy didn't know much in detail about the reason Tom got arrested, but she only could assume it was something related to harassment. Tom had gotten hurt on his backside after a nice Judo flip from the new girl in a printing room who had replaced Giselle in her position. He'd touched her, and she reacted as she'd been trained!

But the new girl quit the job instead of pleading over his guilt in the company for keeping her job. The girls would have to wait and see the news the next day since the company was in the top 10 of the country. Amy had to consider changing her job because she knew this company might get bad press after this hit to the reputation spread in the news.

Drew and Giselle even happily suggested Amy and Zach could consider immigrating here, so they would have more close friends living here with them. Amy seemed excited about the plan, but she admitted that it wouldn't be too soon since they were happy living there and for immigration they would need more from their savings. But they soon definitely would make plans to spend about one month traveling to Australia for their long break.