Kaveh 5

To say wanderer had zero taste buds would be an understatement.

Kaveh couldn't believe someone (other than Alhaitham) actually drank tea or coffee without sugar.

It's completely idiotic in his opinion. And had said so.

Wanderer just rolled his eyes.

Kaveh looked to Tighnari for backup but he wasn't really paying attention to the conversation.

Hoping for backup Kaveh asked, "is collei going to be joining us today?"

That got Tighnari's attention. "No, Collei is actually studying for her test that's coming up."

"Has Collei done the entrance exam yet?" Wanderer asked. Which completely shocked Kaveh.

"What's with the sudden interest in Collei?" Kaveh asked. If wanderer is interested in her then Tighnari may tie him up until he agrees to never hurt the girl.

"I'm not attracted to her if that's what you're worried about. I just haven't seen her around the akademiya. And with her being a forest ranger I was just curious about how she would make time for both." Wanderer said.

Tighnari didn't seem to believe him

But Kaveh couldn't think of a reason he would lie.

A moment later Tighnari answered. "No, she hasn't joined the Akademiya yet. But she is doing a practice test next week to see if she's ready for the real thing next month."

"Wait really? Did she finally decide which darshan she is going to study under?" Kaveh asked.

"I thought she would be Amurta." Wanderer said.

"Well yes, she wasn't sure at first but she decided that Amurta is the best option for herself." Tighnari said with pride in his eyes.

"And when were you going to tell me that she had chosen?" All of them turned to the new voice who just showed up.

Tighnari glared. "Didn't you leave?"

Cyno answered. "I did, but I forgot to give you two these." He pulled out two envelopes and handed them to Kaveh and Tighnari.

"Oh no I've been excluded. What a shame." Wanderer said sarcastically.

"You can come if you want. Professor Cyrus won't mind, he loves meeting new people." Cyno said.

Kaveh opened his envelope and it said.

{this is not a drill

🔨

you are invited to the birthday party of Cyrus. Bringing a gift isn't required but is encouraged.

They will be eating and drinking. please 🐝 careful and drink responsibly.}

' We don't want a repeat of the last party.' It implied but didn't outright say.

Kaveh had gotten completely wasted last time. He didn't want to repeat it either.

"Would it kill you to call him dad?" Tighnari asked.

"It would be disrespectful!" Cyno said.

"He literally adopted you." Tighnari said.

There's an argument that won't die.

"I don't know Cyrus, why would I celebrate his birthday?" Wanderer asked.

Cyno looked at him and said. "Don't worry, you won't be the only one there who technically doesn't know him."

"Oh really? Who else will be there?" Tighnari asked.

"My girlfriend." Cyno said.

"YOUR WHAT?" Kaveh asked.

How on earth did Cyno get a girlfriend?

Tighnari looked surprised as well.

"I would explain more but I've got to get back to work." Cyno said as he started to leave.

Tighnari muttered something but Kaveh couldn't understand it.

Then the three of them sat in silence for a moment then Tighnari made breakfast.

Which he forced wanderer to eat.

Then they got started on today's work.