𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Chapter thirteen

Thank you for giving me your eyes

The next couple weeks flew by in what seemed like seconds, Monroe and James secretly meeting in the kitchens after everyone had gone to bed and just talked for hours almost every night about everything and nothing at the same time.

But at this moment, on a typical Tuesdays night, the two sat in the library, James' wand being used as a lamp as the two read in silence at one in the morning.

"Woah!" Exclaimed Monroe randomly, drawing James' attention from the book informs of him towards the green and blue eyed girl.

"What's the matter, darling?" He asked with raised eyebrows as the girl met his eyes and said, "did you know that there's supposedly a chamber in the school with a massive snake that petrifies muggle-borns into paralysis that was created by Salazar Slytherin himself, supposedly there's suppose to be an 'heir of Slytherin' that opens it and unleash a the snake."

James smiled softly at the girl and said, "No I didn't Monnie," he said, using the nickname he had adapted for her, "who knows maybe your the heir of Slytherin." He said with a shrug causing her to smile cockily and throw a book at him.

"You're a very aggressive one love." James said as he rubbed his arm with a smile.

The past couple weeks James' mind hadn't moved from the bet, as the two not had not even kissed yet, he doubted he'd get her in bed. But, as much as he hated it, being in Monroe Taylor's presence made his heart go fuzzy, and his smile seem permanent, and he hated every fucking moment of it, he hated that Remus was right, so he suppressed and focused on the bet, having no one to vent too.

"Well you sighed up for this when you asked me on a date." She said smartly as she robbed James' glasses from his face and put them on herself.

"What are you doing?" He asked with a smile on his voice.

She shrugged, "I'm actually not sure." She said with a smile.

She'd come to the exception that she felt comfortable with James, after the first few times of meeting and sitting in a bit on awkward silence she got comfortable in the presence and she thought that her reputations never been worse so he must like her for her.

"Well whatever your doing," he said as he got on his knees, towering over her, because of the height difference and because she was sitting slouched with her legs crossed, "I can't see your face without them pretty girl, or your pretty eyes." He gently grabbed the frames off of her face, placing them back on his own.

"Stop flirting with me flea, makes me feel weird and I hate my heteroachroma, I wish my mum would let me hide it." She said quietly.

"Shush your eyes are my favourite thing about you, and am I making the legendary Monroe Taylor blush?" He asked with a mock gasp as he tucked her lengthy hair behind her ears.

"Piss off Potter." She said as their faces neared each other, the smell of James' minty breath hitting Monroes nose.

"James before we do this I need to say something." She said as their lips where millimetres away from each other.

"Anything Sweetheart." He said quietly as he looked into her wild eyes.

"Please don't hurt me. I don't trust easily and I've let you in, please don't ruin it." She said with full sincerity as she met the boys stare.

"I promise." He said as their lips connected.

Oh how he hated that he had to lie to the girl he was slowly giving pieces of his shattered heart too.