iii. [ bsd ] chuuya nakahara

blood bites.
bottom!reader.

au; chuuya is a vampire,
you're a priest.

Chuuya, to say the least, was infatuated with you

Chuuya, to say the least, was infatuated with you. Not because of his abilities, or the temptation to sink his fangs so deep inside your neck, you'd bear that mark for years, but no, in his eyes, you would have been regarded as somewhat of a toy. He would play with you once and discard you like you were nothing, or so he thought.

He stared at your figure strolling through the church. The way your hips would sway at each step, the way your eyes quivered open, how your pretty eyelashes almost brushed your cheekbones when you blinked, or that bubbly smile that you always bore. It was almost like an invitation to corrupt that naive pretty brain of yours.

He held himself back, for your well-being but that didn't mean he wouldn't stop stalking you. Everywhere you went, he followed you as if he were your shadow. Sometimes you noticed—he remembers the gloomy night, and that way you trembled at his gaze, not knowing where he was, but he was a bit agitated when you sprinted off—and sometimes you didn't—the mist from the shower had fogged up your windows, not alerting you of the peeping tom outside. Chuuya had no discretion to force you on himself; though the idea was enticing. He wanted you to come to him but that won't happen any time soon.

He stayed hidden—somewhere your virgin eyes wouldn't discover him—and curiously gazed at your hunched over figure. Your face was practically stuffed inside the book you held so gently—some part of him wished that you'd hold him in such a way. You were engrossed in your reading, throwing caution to the wind. It was almost pathetic cute. If he were an mortal, Chuuya wouldn't have noticed the author's name on the book you now held, but lucky for you, he was able to get more than peek.

You were surprised to say when you found dozens of books from that author laying outside your assorted room. You hadn't gotten a clue as to who could've done this but it wasn't like you were going to get rid of these books. They were practically begging to be read as they basked in the glazing sun. You scurried inside, hands full and gleeful smile resting upon your lips. Chuuya, who was standing just a few feet away, felt his lips twitch at the action.

Fuck, you were cute.

(Dazai had somehow found out about Chuuya's crush on a human—though Chuuya has profusely turned down any rumours regarding his love life—and when he went to investigate, well, Chuuya was almost exterminated by Mori for the irreparable damage he had done to the suicidal freak but beating up Dazai only fueled the assumptions. Chuuya regrets it now).

His attempts at courting you remain futile as you're too busy in your priestly matters. He's annoyed, to say, meaning nobody (except Dazai) crosses him for the entirety of his temper. Chuuya recalls the innumerable flowers, bracelets, books that he had gifted anonymously to you. Maybe that was the problem, he was being too vague. How could you accept him if you didn't know who he was?