Chapter 64: Maternal Relatives

The words of the servant in red were polite. Actually, Grand Princess Shou Kang herself knew that the one Empress Dowager really invited was Lin Wei Xi, but seeing Lin Wei Xi and Princess Shou Kang sitting here together, the Empress Dowager could not just call Yan Wangfei and leave the other, so they were invited to talk inside together.

Princess Shou Kang could have refused to take a longer rest, but she would be worry if Lin Wei Xi went in by herself, stood up regardless of her fatigue, and accompanied Lin Wei Xi to see the Empress Dowager. When the palace eunuch on the Empress Dowager's side came out, many people saw it. When they saw the eunuch accompanied Yan Wangfei, many people opened their mouths in surprise. On New Year's Eve, the Emperor went out of the palace to visit Yan Wang. Today, the Empress Dowager was the first to ask Yan Wangfei to go in and talk. The power of Yan Wang Mansion was simply shocking.

In Cining Palace, the Qian family had already sat with the Empress Dowager. However, the Qian family came in to see the Empress Dowager after the ceremony, this was the privilege of maiden house maternal relatives. Naturally, it was not the same as Lin Wei Xi, who was called specifically by the Empress Dowager to speak.

Lin Wei Xi helped Grand Princess Shou Kang walk towards Cining Palace slowly. When the two of them showed up, the few people who were already sitting looked up and said, "Yan Wangfei and Grand Princess are here."

Except for the Empress Dowager, all the other madams stood up and said New Year's auspicious words to Lin Wei Xi. Lin Wei Xi smiled as soon as she walked in. She was about to salute the Empress Dowager, but the Empress Dowager had already asked the maid next to her to hold her back: "Yan Wangfei and Grand Princess doesn't need to be polite. We are all family, so let's omit all these empty courtesy that's rather tormenting people."

"Thanking Empress Dowager." Lin Wei Xi responded with a smile. Although she said so, she still crouched down before getting up. After Lin Wei Xi stood up, she immediately went to help Grand Princess Shou Kang. When the two walked up, everyone in the Qian family felt a little restrained. One of these two was Yan Wangfei, within the titled women in the capital if she said she was the second there wouldn't be the first, and the other was Grand Princess Shou Kang, a generation higher than the Empress Dowager Qian. When they both entered, who dare to sit higher than these two people?

Qian's family old madam took a step back and gave up her seat. Lin Wei Xi smiled when she saw it, "Qian old madam is polite, how can I bother you."

Qian old madam sneered: "What Yan Wangfei said makes people feel embarrassed. We are lack virtue and ability, how dare letting Yan Wangfei to sit with us. You and the grand princess should sit at the top seat."

Lin Wei Xi smiled and didn't speak, but the Empress Dowager sitting in the middle spoke lightly: "Wangfei and grand princess doesn't need to be polite, just take a sit."

Grand Princess Shou Kang's expression was flat, she nodded and agreed: "Then thanking Qian old madam."

Princess Shou Kang was worried that Lin Wei Xi would be inconvenient to accept, so she was the one who agreed. The Qian family was fine in front of other people, but they were not qualified to sit above the two of them. However, Lin Wei Xi was young after all, even if her status was high enough, some things were inconvenient to say. If Lin Wei Xi responded directly, she could be called a rampant, but if Grand Princess Shou Kang accepted it, then there would be no problem. After all, Shou Kang's seniority was high, and she should be honored.

Princess Shou Kang sat on the right side of the Empress Dowager, Lin Wei Xi supported Princess Shou Kang to sit, then walked around to the opposite side and sat to the left side of the Empress Dowager. The Empress Dowager Qian, as the Holy Mother Empress Dowager, certainly sat in the middle throne. The first seat on the right of the Empress Dowager was the most noble, followed by the first on the left, the second on the right, and so on. Just now everyone in the Qian family was saying well. As soon as Lin Wei Xi and Princess Shou Kang entered the door, they all had to stand up and give up their seats. After tossing around in circle, the Qian family, who was already somewhat unbalanced, became more and more embarrassed.