Chapter 92: Accident

Seeing Gu Cheng Yao, Lin Wei Xi was also surprised. Gu Cheng Yao was gentle and polite, and nodded to everyone. But his eyes scanned everyone, just not looking at Lin Wei Xi.

Simply deliberate.

Gu Cheng Yao said: "My father get delayed with something and cannot come in time, so he ordered me to pick mother back to the house."

Hearing this reason everyone suddenly realized, Grand Princess Ru Ning smiled and said to Lin Wei Xi: "Look, what did I say, Yan Wang really doesn't feel reassured to let you out by yourself. Even if he himself cannot come, still let his son to pick you up."

Lin Wei Xi was accustomed to such jokes, all the womenfolk looked at her and laughed. Faced with such a scene, Gu Cheng Yao was uncomfortable for some reason.

Lin Wei Xi stood in the bright sunshine, and the wind blew from behind her, rolling up the yellow leaves on the ground. Because of her pregnancy, she had a soft expression. Now she was standing with a slight smile, as if covered with golden light.

Gu Cheng Yao realized that he was looking at Lin Wei Xi again, his palms curled up, and looked away calmly.

It was especially troublesome for the womenfolk to bid farewell. The carriages were on standby, and there were no other people around but everyone was still talking and laughing, not in a hurry at all. Of course, the young people were not interested in these women's topics. Gao Ke quietly withdrew from the circle of the womenfolk and went outside to lead his horse.

Gao Ke turned his back, so he didn't notice. Although Gao Ran wore a smile on her face, she cast a secret glance at him from the corner of her eyes.

Gao Ke familiarly pulled his horse, which specially given to him by Duke Yingguo after he moved to the mansion. Gao Ke loved this horse very much, but the time they get along was not long after all, and the horse hasn't familiar with Gao Ke yet, let alone having the master and servant' tacit understanding.

Gao Ke grasped the reins in a familiar manner, but today, for some reason, this horse was extremely irritable, and it got worse as he approached. Gao Ke was surprised in his heart, pulling the reins carefully and comb its mane, trying to understand what happened to his horse.

The horse became more and more restless, until Gao Ke had to pull the reins hard to stabilize it. Gao Ke secretly frowned, he vaguely felt that something was wrong, but before he could figure out what was wrong, the horse suddenly snorted. It seems that because of the inhalation of more air, the horse suddenly became mad.

Gao Ke was caught off guard, he threw the reins and quickly ran. Most good horses had fierce temper, and it's common to be disobedience. Gao Ke was planning to let the young manservant took the horse back, but his eyes suddenly condensed.

The horse, as if it had long eyes, ran directly in the direction of the womenfolk.

Gao Ke's face suddenly changed.

Lin Wei Xi was smiling and listening to the small talk, suddenly there was a cry of alarm in her ears, she quickly turned her head, and saw a horse rushing towards them. Wan Xing and Wan Yue was taken aback, and quickly helped Lin Wei Xi to escape, but everyone was panicked. Wan Xing and Wan Yue wanted to retreat, but the path behind was blocked, it was too late for them to hide, and the horse was about to rush into Lin Wei Xi.

Lin Wei Xi was pregnant, if she was startled by this, it would not be a trivial matter.

The womenfolk screamed one after another, Lin Wei Xi subconsciously closed her eyes, but her hands firmly protected her lower abdomen. Before she could react, suddenly there was a strong force on her arm, and her whole body was pulled by this force.