8

"So what is it? Why did you drag us here?" Maki said while glaring at Kaito.

-Present Time-

"Didn't Keebo tell you? Monokuma gave us a new motive. We can't *not* talk about it."

"That thing that looks like another Monopad?" Maki said while looking at Ryoma for a couple seconds.

"That was a motive?" I asked.

"Maki, ___, haven't you watched the video on the Kubs Pad yet!?"

"No. I ignored it because I figured it was something stupid."

"I just didn't really care for them.."

"That's actually really courageous in a weird sort of way.."

"You don't have to speak up, but this is important, so you should at least listen."

"So, what are these videos?"

"No doubt they're more motives from Monokuma, but why were they all mixed up...?"

"Y-Yeah! Why Gonta get Tsumugi's video—"

"No! Don't say it, Gonta!"

"...Hm?"

"Aah...I heard it... I see... So Gonta has my video..."

"...Huh? Gonta not supposed to say it?"

"Who fuckin' cares!? We're gonna exchange 'em anyway, right?"

"No, we cannot exchange them."

"Why not? They're videos of the most important people in our lives."

"And that is precisely why we cannot exchange them. Although we do not know why our motives were mixed up...As long as we don't exchange them, we don't have to see our motives at all."

"So it's better to just ignore them..."

"Yes. At least, that is what I think."

"Th-That's true... If we ignore them, then we won't have a motive..."

"I'm against that."

"Huh? Against it? Why? If you see that video, it'll turn into a motive, right?"

"That's why I want to see it."

"You do?"

"You were saying something like that before... That you don't plan on surviving. It might not matter to you whether you get killed or not, but... We're different! We all want to live! Wake up already! You're like some zombie wandering around with no will to live!"

"No will to live, huh? Hmph, if that's how you see me, then so be it. But I've got no plans to change my opinion. That's just not cool."

"Wh-What did you say!?"

"Who cares? Ryoma just stated his opinion. Actually...I feel the same way as him."

"Are you...trying to cause trouble again?"

"Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not saying we shouldn't care about killing or dying... But I think it'd be better if we didn't cooperate with each other...Actually, we *definitely* shouldn't cooperate with each other!"