~30: Where She Confesses~

Play the Song Above!

CHAPTER 30: 

Where She Confesses

~~**~~

The rain pattered gently against the window. In the distance thunder rumbled, breaking the silence in the room.

Archer's entire body seemed to stiffen in shock when he saw me. His hair was still wet from the rain. His chest was damp. My eyes traveled down from his toned abs to the light trail of hair which led to that delicious V that disappeared beneath the waistband of his low-hanging black boxers. The only piece of clothing he had on at the moment.

"Fallon-" He started to say but the words seemed to die down in his throat as he took me in, his eyes darkened. It took me a moment to realize that the only piece of clothing I was wearing was a flimsy white towel.

I watched Archer's throat work as he swallowed. His hands curled into fists at his sides.

Something warm and heady blossomed in the pit of my stomach. Suddenly I ached.

I ached for him.

Archer looked away. His shoulders heaved as he took deep breaths.

"I'm sorry." He said hoarsely. "I didn't think you'd be out so soon or I would have locked the door." He started to move quickly. He picked up what I assumed was a shirt and a pair of pants from the floor. "You can change in here." He looked at me again, like he couldn't help himself, a look of intense longing crossing his face,

"I'll go."

Just as he was about to move past me, my hand instinctively grabbed his bicep, halting him.

"Don't," I whispered.

Our gazes collided. Fire meeting fire. The air seemed to crackle with electricity.

"I want this." I breathed, "I want you."

I gasped when I suddenly felt my back meet the wall. Archer's arms caged me in as he stared down at me. "Are you sure?" He rasped, his nose brushed against mine.

My eyes never left his as I uttered a single word,

"Yes,"

He made a low, desperate sound in the back of his throat.

"Thank fuck." He breathed.

The next second he was hoisting me up. My legs automatically wrapped around his waist to regain my balance and because I was only wearing a towel and nothing underneath, it put me in an extremely vulnerable position. I whimpered when I felt the hardness of him rub against my over-sensitized flesh.

He lowered me onto the bed and crawled over me. His lips descended on mine, hungry and unforgiving. His kisses left me panting for more. His head tilted to the side and I opened my mouth to grant him further access. Our tongues moved together in a sinful dance.

His lips left mine to trail lower. He trailed open-mouthed kisses along my jaw, down my neck, and across my collarbone till he finally reached the place where the top of the towel was knotted, the place right above my breasts.

He paused, his turbulent eyes meeting mine, asking for silent permission. I nodded shyly.

His fingers gently tugged at the knot till it came free. The soft material of the towel fell away leaving me completely exposed.

I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. My old insecurities started to resurface.

"I always wondered how far those beautiful freckles of yours went." Archer's voice was gravelly when he spoke. The look of awe on his face pulled me out of whatever dark place my mind had been wandering off to.