03

Grace
Sunday

To say that my "nerves" had returned was an understatement. I was a wreck of anxious feelings.

"It's just, the things I felt those years came right back after seeing him. Watching him take that bracelet and just.. ugh. He was the one who told me he never wanted to see me again, and now he's pretending to be all lovey and be missing me? God."

Corre listened to me as we were walking into the paddock for the third day in a row. "I know it's hard, but just try and stay away from him and keep close to me." That didn't sound too hard.

Clearly I spoke too soon.

I was now lost in a sea of people. Photographers, interviewers, drivers. Desperately I tried to find a friendly face in the middle of the crowd. Luckily I did.

"Kika!" The brunette girl turned around and gave me a warm smile. "Thank god," I mumbled and walked over to her. She was standing beside a man who was doing an interview with Pierre.

"Heyy, how are you?" She wrapped me into a hug and I felt more at ease by the second.

"I'm good, I can't believe I lost track of Corre in literally five minutes." I sighed and she gave me a laugh.

"I think I saw her with Lando a little while ago. They're probably around here somewhere." I nodded to that and tried to find an orange shirt instead. Unfortunately Lando wasn't the only person wearing McLaren gear, still making it hard to find them.

The race was starting in fifteen minutes or so. The monegasque anthem started playing and Kika and I ran over to where the sound came from.

We watched the short ceremony. Charles was standing in front, representing his country, my country. The rest of the drivers were lined up behind him. I ran my eyes over the men standing there listening to the song of my home.

When my sight returned to the man in red, I met his eyes. They were already on me. Quickly I turned my eyes around the crown to try and spot Corre somewhere around. Fuck, I didn't want him to see me. Though he might've already known I was here this weekend though.

I tried to find Corre and fortunately I did, so I grabbed Kika and rushed over to her. "Hey, why don't we go find someplace to watch the race from?" Corre nodded to me.

"Oh, follow me ladies." Corre and I walked behind the brunette girl who lead us up to the vip section. From here we could watch the race comfortable.

@f1gossip

Liked by @f1fan and 46 739 others @f1fan Charles Leclerc spotted someone in the crowd during his national anthem and was then seen running into his drivers room right before the race

@f1fan Charles Leclerc spotted someone in the crowd during his national anthem and was then seen running into his drivers room right before the race. Who do you think he spotted?

"And Charles Leclerc wins the Monaco Grand Prix, what a great day for Ferrari." Corre gave me a little smile to assure I was still fine, I just nodded a bit. I still didn't want Kika and everyone to know all about the things that happened with Charles. It was such a long time ago, I felt like I should have let it go by now.