「𝟏𝟓」

𝘙 𝘢 𝘲 𝘶 𝘦 𝘭 𝘭 𝘦✧

𝘙 𝘢 𝘲 𝘶 𝘦 𝘭 𝘭 𝘦

Raquelle sat on the porch of her abuelita's house with her older brother Fanum and their mom.

It was their last day in the dominican republic so they were just chilling with the family before they had to leave.

"Look at yo fat ass. Can't believe you pregnant." Her brother Fanum told her. "I know yo big ass ain't talking. When's your due date?" She joked, patting his stomach.

Jaqueline began cracking up at this. He shoved her. "Boy— you can't hit pregnant people. That's a crime." Raquelle told him.

"Don't give a fuck." Fanum rolled his eyes. She scoffed. "You know what, see you in jail bitch."

"Basta, basta. Be nice." Jaqueline told them.

"Tengo hambre." Raquelle sighed as she threw the empty icee cup in a nearby trashcan. "I want a mango."

"Yo también." Fanum agreed. "Even though her big ass just ate."

Raquelle sighed loudly before turning to her mom. "Tell him to stop before I cut his braids off and leave them on his pillow."

"Both of you, enough." Jaqueline told them. They both kissed their teeth and looked away from each other. "Abuelita has mangos."

"Good." Raquelle said as she stood up, walking back into house. She found the mangos in and kitchen and grabbed one for her and her brother.

Her little cousin ran up and poked her stomach. "Gorda." She laughed. My eyes widened. "Loco tú jodes mas que el diablo." Raquelle cursed at her.

"Mami, be nice." Her Abuelita Rosa told her in their native tongue as she took the mangoes from her hands.

"I'm not even showing." Raquelle mumbled, more to herself. She watched at her the older woman rinsed the mango and patted them dry before passing them back to the girl.

"What's on your mind, mija?" Abuelita asked her.

"Other than the fact that there's something growing inside of me... I'on know what you're talking about." The girl shrugged before she began peeling the mango skin with her teeth.

Noticing the look on her face, Raquelle sighed. "It's a lot. I wanna go back to new york and live with my mom but I feel guilty about it and I don't know why." She explained.

"Mija, that's because you're not only thinking about yourself anymore. You know you have to consider your baby and the father. It's not just about you anymore." Rosa told her.