Chapter 5: The Mist

——————————☃️——————————

Thankfully, everyone in the kingdom made it to the cliffs without anyone getting hurt. Now all they had to do was figure out why they had been forced out in the first place.

Kristoff and Sven were passing out blankets to people. "Here, take one of these." He said, handing a blanket to someone. "You okay Olaf?"

Olaf was sitting in the grass with some kids who were sticking some of the ice crystals in his face, giving him a beard and a mustache.

"Oh yes. We're calling this, 'controlling what you can when things feel out of control.'" He replied.

...

"Okay, I don't understand." Anna told Elias as he explained what had been going on to her and (Y/n). "You've been hearing a voice and you didn't think to tell me? To tell us?"

Elias hung his head in shame. "I...I didn't want to worry you both."

"We made a promise not to shut each other out." Anna reminded him, looking slightly hurt.

(Y/n) placed a hand on Elias' shoulder. "Elias, you need to tell us what's going on, right now." She told him firmly.

Elias nodded and took a deep breath. "I woke the magical spirits of the Enchanted Forest." He confessed.

Anna and (Y/n) looked at him like he had just sprouted three heads.

"Okay, that's definitely not what I thought you were gonna say."

"Wait. The Enchanted Forest? The one your father warned us about?" (Y/n) asked.

"Yes..."

Anna furrowed her brows. "Why would you do that?"

"I know it sounds crazy, but I believe whoever is calling me is good." Elias told them.

Anna gestured to Arendelle. "How can you say that? Look at our kingdom."

"I know. It's just that my magic can feel it. I can feel it." He insisted.

(Y/n) lightly smiled at him, and grabbed his hands. "Okay."

Elias smiled back, happy that she was willing to trust him on this.

The ground suddenly began to rumble again, and Elias protectively wrapped his arms around (Y/n) to steady her.

"Oh, what now?" Anna asked shakily.

They all turned and saw a bunch of rocks rolling down the hill towards them.

Kristoff's eyes widened. "The trolls?"

Bulda unfurled from her rock form and launched herself at Kristoff.

"Kristoff! We missed you!"

Another troll rolled passed them and jumped into a rock. Pabbie unfurled and stood before Anna, Elias and (Y/n).

"Pabbie!" Anna greeted.