Intruder

"Alright it's time to go to work" Alex thought.

It had been a couple weeks since Alex had gotten better from being sick and he had been able to return to work after a couple days, but even though he had gotten to miss work he was not happy about missing out on so many paychecks.

However, that was the past and he was over it. Now, it was time for him to head to the museum to work his shift. With that he was on his way to his shift that would be rather eventful though current Alex didn't know that.

(At the Museum)

He walked up the steps to enter the currently closed museum. As he walked in Krux greeted him in his cheery face voice of his disguise.

"Alex! How are you this evening?" asked Krux or as he was right now Dr. Saunders. He was carrying a tray of cups. " Would you like some tea?"

"What flavor is it?" asked Alex. He had unfortunately become victim to some of Krux's more exotic tea flavors in recent days and did not appreciate how Krux was expanding his taste palette.

"Sour pickled bananas" Krux replied. He then took a sip of one of the teas though Alex cringed when he heard the flavor and when he saw Krux take a drink. That flavor sounded vile.

"I think I'll pass on tea. I'm not really thirsty anyway." Alex answered.

"Your loss. Anyway there was something else I wanted to talk to you about anyway." Krux said.

"Did I do something wrong?" Alex asked

"No, nothing wrong. I just wanted to warn you that there has been a thief on the loose and to be on the lookout in case he tries to rob the museum?" Krux warned Alex. "He goes by the name Ronin and if he tries to rob the museum you need to call the police immediately. He is a very dangerous criminal."

"Ronin." Alex thought. That was a name he hadn't thought of really even though he should have. He was an important character for season 5 ,but then kind of dipped off after that with some involvement in season 6 and then basically fell off after that. It would be good to have decent relations with him ,but not needed. If Ronin however attempted to rob the museum then Alex could kiss the plan to have good relations with him goodbye.

"I'll take that into consideration. Thank you for the warning however." Alex said.

"No problem. Also if you feel like your life is in danger don't be afraid to run." Krux said. "Your life is worth more than the artifacts."

"Will do." Alex replied. It still made him uncomfortable when Krux was overly nice. Alex still hadn't gotten used to this nice Krux.

(Couple hours later)

Alex's shift had started a while ago and it had been boring so far. He had just used the bathroom and gotten a snack and he was now on his way to the room with a bunch of fossils. It had a bunch of old dinosaur bones and it also had the bones of the grundle which Alex always enjoyed seeing. As he was on his way there he thought he heard a voice.

"Man these bones are gonna net me a fortune!" Ronin said to himself, not knowing that Alex could hear him.

Alex's heart was pounding in his chest. This was the first time that someone had attempted to rob the museum and he was scared, but he had a job to do. He could be scared ,but he would just have to push through it and deal with it. Alex grabbed the radio he had and started phoning the police.

"911 what's your emergency?" said the operator.

"Yes, I am the night guard at the museum and the thief known as Ronin has broken in." Alex said.